silver day

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Hi all will it is one of those dream week stopped at a bank today while i was working my lawn service and asked if they had any half dollars are old currencies and the young teller goes all i have are these old quarters and picks them up out of her tray and drops them on the counter the sound of sweet silver she said a lady had brought them in. I ask if she had brought anything else in and she said she had a couple of roll in the safe and asked if i wanted them too so here is what i got . Dates run from 1933 to 1964 85 coins what a day. Happy hunting Ron

Attachments

• more silver 016.JPG
    more silver 016.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 277
  • more silver 018.JPG
    more silver 018.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 285
  • more silver 019.JPG
    more silver 019.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a hell of a find, quarters are difficult to get dating earlier than 65.. NICE!!

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
wow. i hope you realize the magnitude of your find there. i can count on 2 hands the number of silver quarters i have plucked from the wild. congrats :icon_thumright:

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
silvercop said:
wow. i hope you realize the magnitude of your find there. i can count on 2 hands the number of silver quarters i have plucked from the wild. congrats :icon_thumright:

I totally agree, this is down right amazing!!! :notworthy: I would take that find anyday. :thumbsup:

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Sure beats pushing a mower. That is quite a haul. Silver dollars are about the only thing harder to find. 85 wow!!!!!!!

OP
OP
gold eye

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
I do no how hard they are to find in the wild i have only found one last year and it was a 1944 and i was happy with that this was just amazing and yes it was hard to go back to mowing. Happy hunting RON

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Great find. Quarters in the wild are rare and only show up when someone turns in a stash they've had for a long time. BTW How are my Tampa Univ. Spartans doing in baseball this year?
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread