What's new

Silver dime trifecta, Plus silver quarters, wheats, musketball, relics!

cjon455

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
9,231
Reaction score
11,541
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Headed down south today again, this time I had my 14 yr old son with me, met up with OldDude nice and early and headed for the old school with intentions on trying to get a permission along the way, im not real familiar with the area so I felt like we were wasting time and we decided to just head for the school. worked the school for about 2.5 hrs and managed a few good finds. First and 3rd targets were the 1917 and 41 mercs, plus a cool musket ball, the neat decorative cap thing that's all brass,(feel free to chime in if anyone knows what it is) plus a small buckle and about 2 bucks in clad. It slowed down a lot so we headed for home with the intention of trying to get permission somewhere. Dave spotted a nice house built 1877 so I pulled in to ask, no one home but as I was pulling away I noticed an older gentleman starting to cut the grass so I approached him and he was very receptive, said sure go ahead. First good target there was the 1903 barber dime, very thin and worn but that's ok ill take it!!, also managed a few wheats before pulling the sweet SLQ w/o a date!!! 2nd slq this year, a few wheats later popped the 46 roosie to complete the dime trifecta, second time I did that this year! Finally I went around to the front of the house where there was a neat old water pump and got a nice 12-46 at about 5 inches and popped the 54 Washington, finally got a Washington quarter this year!!!, we headed home shortly after that.

Today was freakin awesome cause I actually spent the entire day with my 14 yr old which we all know isn't too easy once they hit that age. Thanks for looking and HH!!! Also HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TOMORROW EVERYONE!!!
20150703_152201.webp20150703_182421.webp20150703_185147.webp20150703_185227.webp20150703_185339.webp20150703_185122.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 50
Hey Chris great hunt today!!!
That musket ball, Them kids in the 50s must have had a drive by????
That brass piece, can We see the back? It looks like a butt cap of a flint lock pistol. If it is I bet its French and would go with the coin you found last week..
Awsome!!!
20150703_223703.webp20150703_223657.webpseems unlikely, but cool if it was! Thanks for the comment, too bad you couldn't come out w us!

Super Sweet day!!

Family, friends and a pile of silver, what else could you ask for!!
thank you, best part was that my son FINALLY came out with me

Your a fast digger Chris, nice finds, good work!
thanks brad, gotta work quick sometimes I guess

You've been on a nice hot streak lately
thanks abe, not gonna lie, it feels pretty good after the start I got off to
 
Excellent day. I've got past 3 silvers. Enjoying the videos.
 
Wow, killer finds yet again!! Please tell me there's an "S" on the back of the barber dime...
 
That was an amazing hunt there. Lots of nice silver in that group.
 
That was an amazing hunt there. Lots of nice silver in that group.
Thank you, I was real happy with the quarters!

lol, thanks will

Thanks casper!

Wow, killer finds yet again!! Please tell me there's an "S" on the back of the barber dime...
Thanks JC, theres an "O" mintmark, the S would've been nice but this baby is worn and very thin!20150704_074528.webp

Excellent day. I've got past 3 silvers. Enjoying the videos.
Thanks WV, I was shocked at how this hunt went!
 
Last edited:
Looks like you had a really good day out huntin' ! Really enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing it! Congrats on the cool finds!
 
Nice hunt especially with sharing the hobby with friends and family.
Thanks FL, it was awesome having my son w/me, he got to witness every good coin come out of the dirt!

Awesome..
thanks a lot!

Looks like you had a really good day out huntin' ! Really enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing it! Congrats on the cool finds!
Thanks Mike!, glad you enjoyed the video, sometimes its tough to get footage when youre busy finding goods!!
 
Yeah that baby is worn, might as well save the S mint mark for a pristine 1903 Barber dime haha!
 
Thanks Mike!, glad you enjoyed the video, sometimes its tough to get footage when youre busy finding goods!!

yeah, you should have just asked me to video your hunt...I wasn't doing much:BangHead::BangHead:
 
Hey Dave, might be time for a upgrade???? Lol

Nah, no upgrade needed...just a little luck. He went down the silver side of the sidewalk and I went down the clad side, lol.
 
Nah, no upgrade needed...just a little luck. He went down the silver side of the sidewalk and I went down the clad side, lol.

Oh ok!! Lol.
How about at the school?
 
I went down the fence and he went out toward the middle.
 
Now a hunt like that would be worth doing on the land. Some really cool stuff and a killer silver day! :notworthy:
 
yeah, you should have just asked me to video your hunt...I wasn't doing much:BangHead::BangHead:
sorry about that, your day is coming soon!

Nah, no upgrade needed...just a little luck. He went down the silver side of the sidewalk and I went down the clad side, lol.
dave didn't you know I can smell silver?, when we get at a site if there's silver there, I can smell it lol

Now a hunt like that would be worth doing on the land. Some really cool stuff and a killer silver day! :notworthy:
thanks OBN, but man you sure kill it in the water!
 

Congratulations on all the silvers Chris! :notworthy:

The "neat decorative cap thing that's all brass", looks to be the cover from a Victorian doorbell. Of course, someones probably told you that! :laughing7:

This small brass buckle next to the bell cover looks to have some serious age to it. :o

Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom