Silver dollar!

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
So I had a 15 minute hunt this morning.
This is my standard site for weekend mornings. I found an old ring, another silver something (ring I think) and then a large disc.
It was so large, that I did not register it as a coin, but I have a 1901 Silver Dollar in my hand.

Never found one before.

Pics coming, but I was so stoked, that I came home to clean my new coin.

Shortest. Hunt. Ever.

Upvote 26
I have a go to place as well when I don't have a lot of time, a park next door.
Always finding something. Good job.

Awesome dig BG. You can check that one off the bucket list. It's one of the coins I hope to find this year. I can tell your still stoked. Enjoy the feeling. That's the best reward.

What a great find!...in any condition. Congratulations! I think my heart would stop...and the explode if I ever uncover a silver dollar. HH.

What a find

Killer find man...
Just realized your by my old neck of the woods... I was born on Whidbey!!
If you ever make it over to the island to hunt holler at me, the bad weather set in and then I moved to Ohio.... Left a few producing spots behind that need cleaned up, would be more than happy to share my info etc...

HH and gratz again on the biggie!

It must have been an amazing find! A silver dollar...Wow! Congratulations!

Thanks all. Yeah, I am still grinning over this one.

NW Digger, I will PM you. I do not get over to Whidbey often, but it sounds like a good weekend roadtrip.

Definitely on my wish list, Wow.
Congrats!!

Certainly one you will never forget where she came from and when!!!!! I know I sure remember our first!!!!:occasion14:

No way that's awesome! Can't wait to get out of Alaska and find the good stuff in Idaho. Congrats!

1536374iko7yr08du.gif

I'm just the opposite a good find equals at least 2 more hours

I've not found any silver larger than a quarter, so you would have to drag me out of there kicking and screaming! Congrats!

Congrats on the dollar!
It was on edge and waiting for the right detectorist.

Just trying to catch up on the WA guys on this forum. Wow, that is awesome! I'd have to say that a dollar coin and and WLH are top two on my wish list.

Just trying to catch up on the WA guys on this forum. Wow, that is awesome! I'd have to say that a dollar coin and and WLH are top two on my wish list.

The old stuff is out there. I lucked out in finding this site, I have hunted it for over a year and it is still producing. Mainly dimes, but I have found 3 halves there as well as this dollar.

Very cool. What kind of site is it? The oldest stuff I've been able to find has been at an old ball field. I've got a few hot leads, just waiting for some rain so I don't patch everyone's grass. Hopefully more to show soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back