Silver funky bracelet...what style?

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi g-salers! Picked up this bracelet for a few dollars and was thinking of listing it...until I could not think of what style or key words to use. Weighs 27 grams and is not marked but tested well for high silver content.

What style or words would you use to describe it? Ugly, bohemian, native or craft?
Whatever you think, I won't be hurt because it may be the ugliest piece of jewelry I have ever seen. Sometimes ugly sells though.:coffee2:

Attachments

• 0119141222.jpg
    0119141222.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 0119141222c.jpg
    0119141222c.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 99

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks handmade, do you know what the stones are? I am leaning towards Navajo because of the massive use of silver, but I have never seen anything like it. I am not an expert at all. Figure out the stones and it might give you some clues where it came from.

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Palidin, I should have mentioned the "stones" are actually enamel or something similar.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So those red "stones" are enamel? Looks like they are set into the bracelet from the pic, looks like coral to me.

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The red beads look molded to me under magnification, they are faceted with dull angles and have a similar imperfection in the same spot on each one. I wish they were coral but it does not look right up close.

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reminds me of some asian jewelry I've seen on ebay - tibetan silver maybe, which isn't real silver? word ideas: exotic, ethnic, funky? if you think the results of your silver testing are reproducible, describe it in the text, but make it clear that it is unmarked, would be my advice.

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reminds me of some asian jewelry I've seen on ebay - tibetan silver maybe, which isn't real silver? word ideas: exotic, ethnic, funky? if you think the results of your silver testing are reproducible, describe it in the text, but make it clear that it is unmarked, would be my advice.
Thanks! The silver content is good, tested deep and tests blood red with no hint of green. Will describe properly and use a number of key words mentioned.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, that looks very similar. Not a makers mark, poor casting or imperfection.

If you see in those pictures, poor casting and imperfections seem normal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread