What's new

silver hiding in my test plot

diggerodell

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
Testing out my new ebay Tesoro Cutlass, I went to my test plot. I always start here before I go out hunting in order to be sure my detector is working. I hadn't dug in it for several years. So I got my new-to-me Tesoro Cutlass umax. Of course I didn't read the handbook that came with it. So I set the two controls to maximum and went to my plot. With some concern, I found that I could not pick up anything. Hunting a bit more frantic, threshing a little and wildly, probably at the edge of the plot, I finally got a signal. This signal, I dug. Silver!, a ladies ring missing the central stone. But fire from the tiny stones. I had missed that all these years with my variety of Bounty Hunters. A photo should be attached if I did it correctly.
 

Attachments

  • metal detector find.webp
    metal detector find.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 282
I might add the fact that the Tesoro Cutlass, when maxed out on the discrimination as I had set it, discriminates out all clad coins and picks up only silver. I did not know this when I was hunting my plot. I do not know why my several Bounty Hunters that I've worn out over the years never picked up the silver unless it was too deep for them.
 
Yes it's working! I can't wait to get out and really put it through its paces. The Kansas State Fair Grounds is only 30 miles away. I have taken countless wheat cents out of the ground there, and one silver quarter with my tracker IV. I'm hoping for a little more silver with my tesoro.
Another hunting ground that I have my eye on is Greensburg, of tornado fame. The town is rebuilt now but I'm thinking of all those dresser drawers tumbling across the ground. If I hunted there, I would not take anybody's wedding ring, or anything like that out of town. Only impersonal things, like old coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom