What's new

Silver, IHs, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Fr3nchy27

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
253
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

I got out again for another all day hunt with my dad and uncle today. It was another great day swingin' the MD. We hit the same spots as in my last post and they are still producing. The first spot,(the big field in back of a school), I found a 1928 buffalo nickel and a 1918 Merc in the same hole. I also found an 1825 LC! It is worn smooth, but I love diggin' those LC's. I too ended up with 3 wheaties. My dad and uncle found some wheaties here. The next spot we went to was the old abandoned park. I found an amazing 1857 flying eagle cent. This coin is in great shape. It is not pitted at all. All I did was rinse it off with water. Any ideas on how to clean it? I'm scared to use peroxide. I also found a 1900 barber dime, 1903 V nickel and 2 IH's(1901, 1905). My dad found a great 1905 Canadian 5 cent and an 1887 IH. My uncle found an 1884 IH. Thanks for looking! Happy hunting!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3739[1].webp
    DSCN3739[1].webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,792
  • DSCN3744[1].webp
    DSCN3744[1].webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,738
  • DSCN3745[2].webp
    DSCN3745[2].webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,754
  • DSCN3746[2].webp
    DSCN3746[2].webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,730
  • DSCN3749[1].webp
    DSCN3749[1].webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,730
  • DSCN3751[2].webp
    DSCN3751[2].webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,700
  • DSCN3747[1].webp
    DSCN3747[1].webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,704
  • DSCN3748[1].webp
    DSCN3748[1].webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,711
  • DSCN3750[1].webp
    DSCN3750[1].webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,731
  • DSCN3752[1].webp
    DSCN3752[1].webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,689
  • DSCN3765[1].webp
    DSCN3765[1].webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,410
  • DSCN3766[1].webp
    DSCN3766[1].webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,394
Upvote 0
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Wow! That is a Dream hunt right there! Congrats! :headbang:
hey fr3ncy27 this is unclevinn, that flying eagle looks better than it did in the hunt. my eyes arnt that great but thats a beauty congrats and great story
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

That flying eagle is flippin sweet, good job :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

did you tell me lemon juice would clean black silver? i couldnt remember for sure
unclevinn
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

OK, read all the posts, both pre and post cleaning.....saw the group of coins, but didn't see any cleaned flying eagle.....is it my machine, or do I have to click on something to see the improved, cleaned version? :icon_scratch: :help:, please.
Great group of finds......that's an extremely old area, youall pulling that kind of coins.......there will be more.....keep posting. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

hikeinmts said:
OK, read all the posts, both pre and post cleaning.....saw the group of coins, but didn't see any cleaned flying eagle.....is it my machine, or do I have to click on something to see the improved, cleaned version? :icon_scratch: :help:, please.
Great group of finds......that's an extremely old area, youall pulling that kind of coins.......there will be more.....keep posting. :thumbsup:

Hey hikeinmts, thanks for the reply. I went in the original post and modified it. I added the cleaned pics at the end of the original posted pics hope this helps.
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

unclevinn said:
did you tell me lemon juice would clean black silver? i couldnt remember for sure
unclevinn

Hey unclevinn, Yeah I did say lemon juice will clean silver. I do not think it will work on beach silver though. Thanks for your reply! See ya next hunt!
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Nice find. I'd love to find one of them ::)
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Once again you scored big lil' bro. I was gonna say I was sorry I couldn't go but now I'm really sorry I couldn't go!Great finds and I'll be with ya next time.WTG! Bootstrap
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

What a great hunt and beautiful finds. :headbang:
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Great finds bro, once again i wish i could have been there. I got a lot done on the camp this weekend though so hopefully it will be finished up soon, all i have left is to board up and shingle the roof, then put the doors and windows in. Wish i could have been out there dirt fishin with the crew though! That Flying Eagle is in amazing shape for coming out of the ground here in Maine! must have been a dry area! Keep your coil to the ground! Happy Dirt Fishing!

-Dan
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Man!!!! that flying eagle is in great shape for sure!!!! nice finds !! wtg,,


arthur
 

Attachments

  • orson.gif
    orson.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 932
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

:icon_thumright: beautiful coins wtg
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Put that little flying eagle in a2 by 2 flip and call it good. 8)
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Just wanted to say thank you for all the replies. Thanks big bro, we are headed back there this weekend. Hope you can go. Nova, I did put it in a 2x2 and am now calling it good :laughing7:. Thank you for your reply. Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend! Keep those coils on the ground and happy hunting!
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Frenchy,

Outstanding FE cent!! It would be great if you could post an updated photo after cleaning. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like another look at that great coin.

Your posts are always fun to read.

MP
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Great detail on that FE. Came out nice. Congrats....... :headbang: Hogge
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Lets see a pic of that eagle cent after cleaning. I will probably never find one and would really like to drool over yours.



Baldingboy
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Hey guys and gals, I did post after cleaning pics. I modified the original post and put the new pics at the end of the original pics. Hope this helps. Thanks for all the replies!

Justin
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

awesome finds!! congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom