What's new

Silver, IHs, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Fr3nchy27

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
253
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

I got out again for another all day hunt with my dad and uncle today. It was another great day swingin' the MD. We hit the same spots as in my last post and they are still producing. The first spot,(the big field in back of a school), I found a 1928 buffalo nickel and a 1918 Merc in the same hole. I also found an 1825 LC! It is worn smooth, but I love diggin' those LC's. I too ended up with 3 wheaties. My dad and uncle found some wheaties here. The next spot we went to was the old abandoned park. I found an amazing 1857 flying eagle cent. This coin is in great shape. It is not pitted at all. All I did was rinse it off with water. Any ideas on how to clean it? I'm scared to use peroxide. I also found a 1900 barber dime, 1903 V nickel and 2 IH's(1901, 1905). My dad found a great 1905 Canadian 5 cent and an 1887 IH. My uncle found an 1884 IH. Thanks for looking! Happy hunting!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3739[1].webp
    DSCN3739[1].webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,792
  • DSCN3744[1].webp
    DSCN3744[1].webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,738
  • DSCN3745[2].webp
    DSCN3745[2].webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,754
  • DSCN3746[2].webp
    DSCN3746[2].webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,730
  • DSCN3749[1].webp
    DSCN3749[1].webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,730
  • DSCN3750[1].webp
    DSCN3750[1].webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,731
  • DSCN3748[1].webp
    DSCN3748[1].webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,711
  • DSCN3747[1].webp
    DSCN3747[1].webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,704
  • DSCN3751[2].webp
    DSCN3751[2].webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,700
  • DSCN3752[1].webp
    DSCN3752[1].webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,689
  • DSCN3765[1].webp
    DSCN3765[1].webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,410
  • DSCN3766[1].webp
    DSCN3766[1].webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,394
Upvote 0
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

What a way to top a great day, hunting with your dad and uncle then an awesome Flying Eagle! It doesn't get much better than that, Congratulations!!!

HH trhunter1
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Fr3nchy27 said:
Goes4ever said:
great find, love the F.E. great job cleaning it, how did you clean it?

Thanks Goes4ever. All I did was let it soak in distilled water for a while, then I used a toothpick to get the dirt and little corrosion off. I was pleased with the results. Happy Hunting!

For coins that look like the patina is solid, I use this method as well. It takes a while, and some attention to detail (or maybe even a magnifying glass), but it is worth it.


Great job!
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Great find that cleaned up nicely. Congrats. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flyi

The flying Eagle is definitely one of my favorites.
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Thanks for the replies again. I'm actually going to get the FE slabbed. It has got the best detail I have ever seen on one. I contacted ICG and they said they could touch up my cleaning job and grade and slab it for me. I'll post pics after I get it back.

Justin
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

gratz on the buzzard penny you dont find to many of those any more
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

man thats one of my dream coins!! and i was wondering were that park was.i stayed in that town last year if its what i think it is begins with o grate finds. willy
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Hey lil' bro', that FE has some great detail man, a big congrats!!! I thought the FE was a reacord I would hold onto for a while but now you've gone and ruined that LOL. I've found one in all my years and then you find one shortly after,then Dan gets one and now you snag another this year.That's Incredible!!
WTG, Bootstrap :icon_pirat:
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

That is a NICE flying eagle, especially for a dug one. I guess that Fisher 1225X is a good little machine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom