What's new

Silver, IHs, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Fr3nchy27

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
253
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

I got out again for another all day hunt with my dad and uncle today. It was another great day swingin' the MD. We hit the same spots as in my last post and they are still producing. The first spot,(the big field in back of a school), I found a 1928 buffalo nickel and a 1918 Merc in the same hole. I also found an 1825 LC! It is worn smooth, but I love diggin' those LC's. I too ended up with 3 wheaties. My dad and uncle found some wheaties here. The next spot we went to was the old abandoned park. I found an amazing 1857 flying eagle cent. This coin is in great shape. It is not pitted at all. All I did was rinse it off with water. Any ideas on how to clean it? I'm scared to use peroxide. I also found a 1900 barber dime, 1903 V nickel and 2 IH's(1901, 1905). My dad found a great 1905 Canadian 5 cent and an 1887 IH. My uncle found an 1884 IH. Thanks for looking! Happy hunting!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3739[1].webp
    DSCN3739[1].webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,792
  • DSCN3744[1].webp
    DSCN3744[1].webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,738
  • DSCN3745[2].webp
    DSCN3745[2].webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,754
  • DSCN3746[2].webp
    DSCN3746[2].webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,730
  • DSCN3749[1].webp
    DSCN3749[1].webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,730
  • DSCN3750[1].webp
    DSCN3750[1].webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,731
  • DSCN3748[1].webp
    DSCN3748[1].webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,711
  • DSCN3747[1].webp
    DSCN3747[1].webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,704
  • DSCN3751[2].webp
    DSCN3751[2].webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,700
  • DSCN3752[1].webp
    DSCN3752[1].webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,689
  • DSCN3765[1].webp
    DSCN3765[1].webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,410
  • DSCN3766[1].webp
    DSCN3766[1].webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,394
Upvote 0
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

WOW - You guys had an AWESOME hunt!!!! I would just soak the Flying Eagle in some water for a few days to loosen the dirt then use a soft toothebrush on it (NOHING ABRASIVE!!!! and just keep it in water for as long as it takes). :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

Awesome finds there congrats.
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

That is a great assortment of coins! I am still waiting on my first flying eagle and yours is one of the best ones I have seen posted. I have found 10 fatty IHP's this year so I am knocking on the door to finding one sooner or later (hopefully sooner). Nice digs!
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

Fantastic Revoeries!!!
That Buffalo has some Great detail!
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

Don't forget that the flying eagle has a fair amount of nickel in it, so no chemicals!
Trust me. I ruined my first one, but I luckily had two back ups.
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

What a great hunt. That flying eagle is unreal. Congrats.
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

Wow sweet eagle! no peroxide don't be in a rush to clean it, good luck & be careful.
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

Nice score on the excellent coins! :icon_thumleft: WTG

HH
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

Thanks for the replies and advise everyone. I kinda thought I should not use peroxide. I definatlely want to clean this one right. I ruined the only other one I found. This one should clean up very nice if I do it right. Thanks again and keep those coils on the ground!
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

Awesome hunt to all you guys!! Lots of kool stuff!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

That 1857 is in real nice shape. Lots of detail. Peroxide is all I use. As long as it's not heated to an extreme boil the coin should come out nice. Just my opinion. GREAT finds! Hogge :headbang:
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

great looking bunch of finds.flying eagle and LC definitly on the top of my wishlist
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats and more!!!!

Very nice hunt, congrats! HH, Mike
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Hey guys and gals. Just got done cleaning my flying eagle. It came out great! Thanks for all the help and advise in cleaning it. Happy Hunting!
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

that is a sweet coin! congrats
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Wow! That is a Dream hunt right there! Congrats! :headbang:
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

great find, love the F.E. great job cleaning it, how did you clean it?
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Goes4ever said:
great find, love the F.E. great job cleaning it, how did you clean it?

Thanks Goes4ever. All I did was let it soak in distilled water for a while, then I used a toothpick to get the dirt and little corrosion off. I was pleased with the results. Happy Hunting!
 
Re: Silver, IH's, Flying Eagle, LC, wheats. UPDATE: After cleaning pics of Flying E

Really nice Flying Eagle, good hunt. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom