What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
The swings will not be in "cents" anymore.
Those days are ending.
Figure of speech. Over a day, it might be a dollar or two, but during the day, it rises and falls many, many times in cents. I've sat here during the day refreshing and watching the price rise and fall. It doesn't jump up or down by a dollar all at once, it's many ups and downs in cents during the day, which at the end of the day may add up to a buck or two. But I think you're on to something, as the time is coming where it probably will rise and/or fall by a buck or several at one time.
 
Yes, silver now over $61. How long can I hold out before selling my grandparents sterling monogramed wedding set of 8 knives, spoons and forks? What will make the decision to sell easier is that neither of my kids nor their kids are collectors nor interested in their genealogy.
Don in SoCal
That last sentence is a touch sad. I’ve always wondered what my grandparents thought my interests were. They never asked me.
 
Yes, silver now over $61. How long can I hold out before selling my grandparents sterling monogramed wedding set of 8 knives, spoons and forks? What will make the decision to sell easier is that neither of my kids nor their kids are collectors nor interested in their genealogy.
Don in SoCal
If you need the funds ok!
If not then let it ride🏴‍☠️
 
If you need the funds ok!
If not then let it ride🏴‍☠️
If I was sitting on a pile of precious metals, I wouldn't sell. Trading an appreciating hard asset for a depreciating piece of paper doesn't seem like a good move to me, unless you really need the cash to spend right this minute.
 
Figure of speech. Over a day, it might be a dollar or two, but during the day, it rises and falls many, many times in cents. I've sat here during the day refreshing and watching the price rise and fall. It doesn't jump up or down by a dollar all at once, it's many ups and downs in cents during the day, which at the end of the day may add up to a buck or two. But I think you're on to something, as the time is coming where it probably will rise and/or fall by a buck or several at one time.
Swings will become larger soon.
Several dollars is now and is going to be ongoing.
But then............... onward to 5-10-20 dollar swings... like gold.
 
Each year I do send in my silver for melt. 2025s silver will be buying a couple boat ramp passes for 2026. I see my silver as being used to invest in finding gold. One ramp cost me 250.oo a year, the spot has scored me about 14 gold rings and most of the 75 silvers I've dug this year. Got to love this hobby, the way it pays for itself.

obn.webp
obn1.webp
 
I’m a silversmith so it looks like my silver sheet, wire and other silver parts have increased in value. I guess the price for handmade items will have to go up in value as well.
 
It's gonna be a Silver Christmas, up over $65oz today and climbing!

1765939238011.webp
 
Looks like Silver has gone up again in the 31 minutes since I posted the $65oz screenshot. Now it's hit $66oz!!

1765941192479.webp
 
And the hits just keep on coming. Just 8 days ago, Silver hit $60oz and today it hit $67oz, an increase of $7oz in just the last week.

1766003304421.webp
 
A silver dime scrap value is over $5.00........get swinging.....
Don’t forget Saltwater found silver coins will lose some weight. I have found some silver dimes so old and worn that I need three to equal two They’re so thin.☹️
 
Silver holding steady at $66 USD so far this morning.
Fun fact:
In 1965 a fully loaded Chevy 3/4 ton pickup cost $3500. Today it will cost you $110,000.
Yet if you had $1950.00 in Canadian silver coins, you could buy the 2025 model truck today.
 
Silver holding steady at $66 USD so far this morning.
Fun fact:
In 1965 a fully loaded Chevy 3/4 ton pickup cost $3500. Today it will cost you $110,000.
Yet if you had $1950.00 in Canadian silver coins, you could buy the 2025 model truck today.
I remember seeing TV commercials when the Ford Maverick came out. There were 4 interior colors available in a checkerboard pattern on the seats. I recall seeing red, blue, I think yellow, can't remember the 4th color. Oh, and they also advertised the price on the commercial, $1,450. And IIRC, I believe that 1/2-ton pickup trucks sold for about 1/2 the price of cars, or at least less than cars. Today, pickup trucks cost more than my house did. I also remember back then that diesel fuel's cost was 1/2 the cost of gas. Today, diesel sells for about a buck a gallon more than gas.
 
The slogans of car sales people at the car lots...
"truckers are suckers"... "pay more for half a vehicle that costs more to own".
 
Last edited:
$67.20. When will you sell; either some or 'all in'?
Don in SoCal
For me personally, I'm "all in" for the long term. I've been hearing from a credible source that Silver will be at $100oz very soon, and in 2026, it will be up in 3-figures. I posted previously about the Gold to Silver ratio's used by the US and other countries over the last several hundred years. If we go back to the ratio that the US used in the beginning, Silver would currently be priced close to $300oz. So, for me, I'm not selling any until Silver gets into 3-figures, or unless I need to sell some to eat, lol.
 
For me personally, I'm "all in" for the long term. I've been hearing from a credible source that Silver will be at $100oz very soon, and in 2026, it will be up in 3-figures. I posted previously about the Gold to Silver ratio's used by the US and other countries over the last several hundred years. If we go back to the ratio that the US used in the beginning, Silver would currently be priced close to $300oz. So, for me, I'm not selling any until Silver gets into 3-figures, or unless I need to sell some to eat, lol.
Same here, I stacked a fair amount awhile back & I'm going to see how far it will continue to rise.
 
I remember seeing TV commercials when the Ford Maverick came out. There were 4 interior colors available in a checkerboard pattern on the seats. I recall seeing red, blue, I think yellow, can't remember the 4th color. Oh, and they also advertised the price on the commercial, $1,450. And IIRC, I believe that 1/2-ton pickup trucks sold for about 1/2 the price of cars, or at least less than cars. Today, pickup trucks cost more than my house did. I also remember back then that diesel fuel's cost was 1/2 the cost of gas. Today, diesel sells for about a buck a gallon more than gas.
Diesel is now ultra low sulphur and is blended with additives to prevent gelling in the winter. Up to 20% has to be created from farm crops that require fresh water!! No wonder the fuel costs so much. Never mind the subsidies that we give the farmers to grow soy beans instead of real food ;)
 
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Silver all the way...

1766366822183.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom