Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out on day one of 2020, hoping to find a silver coin to start the year. I searched a couple of relatively public places. I got the usual bottle caps and can slaw, a hand full of clad, and assorted junk.

I didn’t find any of the desired silver coins, but did manage to find a sterling Avon ring. It had a root growing through it, and every time I grabbed it, the root pulled it out of my muddy gloved fingers. It took a bit to figure that out. Picture attached for your amusement.

3EB1C134-03C8-4A78-8B9B-09BB984FE06B.jpeg

I also found a clock key. I like it better than the ring.

5C3E2EFC-560B-4D69-AABA-7AFEFB65BC3B.jpeg

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Upvote 35
Very nice! Congrats!

Nice relic, congrats! :occasion14:

Crud - I meant cool key the ring is good too. Key 1800s?

That key is most likely early 1900s. The ring is 1970s.

Thanks Bergie!

Last edited:
Hey silver is a good sign / start to a new year.

Nice finds Tom. I'm with you, I like that relic clock key better than the ring, but then again I'm more of a relic hunter than jewelry.

Congrats Tom! We seasoned detectorists all know the feeling of repeatedly pulling on an item in the plug, only to have some stingy root keep it in its grasp. Cheers, Sub

A great way to “wind” up the previous year and “ring” in the new year Tom! That is a strong start to 2020.

To be honest, I’m shocked Avon had sterling rings. I thought all of their stuff was base metal with plating. I guess I learned something new in 2020 already... [emoji2371]

At least the ground wasn't frozen and ending up beating up the ring trying to pry it form the tundra...

Happy New Year!

Nice finds on day one... I wasn't quite so lucky. All I've got to show is a piece of buckshot, a nail, and some old pottery from 1800s.

Last edited:
love the clock key, just a cool thing to find. probably still fits a clock that is missing the key LOL. I had a root to flip my find out and away from me, had to refind it again. silver at the start of the new year is always a great start!

Way ta go. Great 2020 start. :icon_thumright:

Nice way to RING in the New Year .. Congrats on the KEY to success!

Tom, great finds and cool pic of the ring!

Nice ring- Congrats!

Nice way to start out the new year! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back