What's new

Silver piece with design

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
806
Golden Thread
2
Location
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a design on the piece that looks like a hammer from a muzzle loader ? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Picture 815.webp
    Picture 815.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 309
  • Picture 816.webp
    Picture 816.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 314
  • Picture 822.webp
    Picture 822.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 310
  • Picture 815.webp
    Picture 815.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 314
  • Picture 816.webp
    Picture 816.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Picture 822.webp
    Picture 822.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 306
  • Picture 823.webp
    Picture 823.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 303
Is this piece silver or silver colored? Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Hey coop.
I saw this post on the "flints metal detecting site"
I don't think it's a flash pan cover personally. Rather, something else of cool significance mangled.

For those of you that would like to see a short explanation and cool demonstration how the flash pan works, click here. :)



http://www.silcom.com/~vikman/isles/scriptorium/firearm/flashpan.html
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Hey coop.
I saw this post on the "flints metal detecting site"
I don't think it's a flash pan personally. Rather, something else of cool significance mangled.

For those of you that would like to see a short explanation and cool demonstration how this works, click here. :)



http://www.silcom.com/~vikman/isles/scriptorium/firearm/flashpan.html
Thats a cool link. The term just a "flash in the pan" came from a misfire.
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Hey coop.
I saw this post on the "flints metal detecting site"
I don't think it's a flash pan personally. Rather, something else of cool significance mangled.

For those of you that would like to see a short explanation and cool demonstration how this works, click here. :)



http://www.silcom.com/~vikman/isles/scriptorium/firearm/flashpan.html
LOL I dont think its a flash pan I thought it was a flash pan cover. But now Im leaning towards something else.
 
Upvote 0
sscindercoop said:
4-H said:
Hey coop.
I saw this post on the "flints metal detecting site"
I don't think it's a flash pan personally. Rather, something else of cool significance mangled.

For those of you that would like to see a short explanation and cool demonstration how this works, click here. :)



http://www.silcom.com/~vikman/isles/scriptorium/firearm/flashpan.html
LOL I dont think its a flash pan I thought it was a flash pan cover. But now Im leaning towards something else.
lol I thought you knew the difference!
Sorry, I meant cover.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
sscindercoop said:
4-H said:
Hey coop.
I saw this post on the "flints metal detecting site"
I don't think it's a flash pan personally. Rather, something else of cool significance mangled.

For those of you that would like to see a short explanation and cool demonstration how this works, click here. :)



http://www.silcom.com/~vikman/isles/scriptorium/firearm/flashpan.html
LOL I dont think its a flash pan I thought it was a flash pan cover. But now Im leaning towards something else.
lol I thought you knew the difference!
Sorry, I meant cover.

Mike Im sure now its not flintlock related any ideas on what it is ?
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the outline of a ladies dress to me? Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom