What's new

silver pin I found

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what this is. The figures look Mexican-like. It's about 2" tall and 1 1/4" wide. The only marking is 'sterling 925'.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0003.webp
    DSCF0003.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 335
  • DSCF0005.webp
    DSCF0005.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 335
Hi - the center design reminds me of a Colombian design I've seen as a child. Hopefully someone here can confirm this. Very nice find!
 
Upvote 0
I believe the central design to be Colombian. I recall seeing this design as a child on a gift from someone from Bogota.

I have studied and seen in person Mayan glyphs and carvings and I don't believe any of the designs to be Mayan. Nor have I ever seen a llama depicted at any Mayan sites either.

Hopefully someone here can confirm.
 
Upvote 0
daroofa said:
The knife is a Tumi, usually associated with Incans.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumi

good ID, plus the Incan's had many legends and myths were about llamas (pictured at the top). Nice tourist piece with some nice scenes around the edge. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Peruvian tourist piece i'll say.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom