What's new

Silver price question

Fruitbat

Full Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I have a question for the experts. I have found myself in the situation of needed some $ and sadly I need to sell some 40% coins. I know that silver is at $19.90 today. I talked to a guy willing to pay $1030 for 20 rolls of 40% halfs. Of course I would have to pay shipping out of my end. Is this a good deal or could I do better?

Dave Ramsey says I should sell the coins. I just want to be sure I'm not getting ripped.
Thanks in advance!!!!
 
Upvote 0
$2.575 per coin minus shipping. Current ebay prices are a little better but then you need to back out the fees and deal with all the unknown buyers.

Myself, I would do the deal. With a little over 10 pounds of silver I would use USPS flat rate shipping (medium box with lots of tape) with insurance and delivery confirmation, this would run around $23.

Don't know what APMEX or any of the other big buyers are paying.
 
Sounds like about what APMEX is paying. I sold 23 rolls 2 weeks ago for about that when silver was $1 less. I have sold to APMEX several times and it takes right at 10 days to get my check from the day I mail. Maybe someone on the board wants them at that price but then there is still the unknown. My Grubstaker got fulled up and I have been reluctant to try and find another so I go with the stress free option.
What is Dave Ramsey telling you to sell to get into (save ME a search), gold?, preps?, land?, or perish the thought "Hold cash"? HH Mark
 
Fruitbat said:
I have a question for the experts. I have found myself in the situation of needed some $ and sadly I need to sell some 40% coins. I know that silver is at $19.90 today. I talked to a guy willing to pay $1030 for 20 rolls of 40% halfs. Of course I would have to pay shipping out of my end. Is this a good deal or could I do better?

Dave Ramsey says I should sell the coins. I just want to be sure I'm not getting ripped.
Thanks in advance!!!!

It's a decent price. It's $515 per $100 face. NUcleo is $512 bid and $547 ask for $100. If you sold there (Nucleo), you'd probably be able to get $525 or so, minus 1% fee, which would leave you at $519.75. Again you'd have to pay shipping. NOt much of a difference. So I say that your $515 per $100 is okay and worth doing.

IMHO.
 
Silver Stripe said:
Sounds like about what APMEX is paying. I sold 23 rolls 2 weeks ago for about that when silver was $1 less. I have sold to APMEX several times and it takes right at 10 days to get my check from the day I mail. Maybe someone on the board wants them at that price but then there is still the unknown. My Grubstaker got fulled up and I have been reluctant to try and find another so I go with the stress free option.
What is Dave Ramsey telling you to sell to get into (save ME a search), gold?, preps?, land?, or perish the thought "Hold cash"? HH Mark

My wife and I just went through the Dave Ramsey FPU classes. I'm feeling very motivated to sell some silver to get my debt snowball going just a little faster. When my friends ask my why I'm selling some of the things I collect, I always say "Dave Ramsey told me to sell it". Part of me dosen't want to sell it, but most of the fun was in searching the rolls with my 8year old twin boys. Lately I haven't even had the cash to order a box of half. But if keep keep following Dave we will in the future.

Thanks for the advice and keep it coming. :occasion14:
 
Fruitbat said:
Silver Stripe said:
Sounds like about what APMEX is paying. I sold 23 rolls 2 weeks ago for about that when silver was $1 less. I have sold to APMEX several times and it takes right at 10 days to get my check from the day I mail. Maybe someone on the board wants them at that price but then there is still the unknown. My Grubstaker got fulled up and I have been reluctant to try and find another so I go with the stress free option.
What is Dave Ramsey telling you to sell to get into (save ME a search), gold?, preps?, land?, or perish the thought "Hold cash"? HH Mark

My wife and I just went through the Dave Ramsey FPU classes. I'm feeling very motivated to sell some silver to get my debt snowball going just a little faster. When my friends ask my why I'm selling some of the things I collect, I always say "Dave Ramsey told me to sell it". Part of me dosen't want to sell it, but most of the fun was in searching the rolls with my 8year old twin boys. Lately I haven't even had the cash to order a box of half. But if keep keep following Dave we will in the future.

Thanks for the advice and keep it coming. :occasion14:

If you don't have the cash to buy a box then take some profits (sell some silver), you will then have the funds to keep buying/looking.
 
You are doing the right thing FB, too many of us are still living beyond our means. My goal was to pay my mortgage off in 10 years instead of 30. Not the most popular trend but I just accomplished that goal.
 
I think it's a decent price for sure and I would've done the same thing, as for Dave, I suppose some of what he says is legit, like getting and staying out of Deep debt, but for me, I tend to Disagree with about the other 95% of what comes out of his mouth :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom