What's new

Silver prices

jonhls

Full Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
210
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
What is everyones predictions on how low silver prices are going to drop.With the dollar gaining a little strength all commodities are dropping.Looks like we are going to be in a down cycle for awhile.I havn't sold anything yet and don't plan to for many years so the cycles don't bother me to much.JUst hate to see value slip away even though i fully expect it to come back in the future....hh jon
 
Upvote 0
Jon;
My trick knee tells me that this is the perfect time to buy!! $16.31 per oz?? That is a bargain any way you look at it. Of course, getting it at face value can't be beat, but I don't don't expect to have any regrets about shelling out some ugly fiat money for silver coin right now. I intend on shopping today.
- Grizz
 
i set my sights a bit lower. im a buyer if it hits 15 bucks. nothing wrong with greebacks either. this is just a correction from march when everyone was scared.i have real estate for sale so i really wanna see the economy improve.when i sell my prop a good portion should go to silver.if ur buying decent quantities and u have a good relationship w a volume dealer u might get a bag from when silver topped out.a dealer i know said he was taking in quite a lot of barber coinage at that price.and even a few later seated coins.he was so busy because everyone was selling at once that he said he didnt check for dates.i bought a half bag[500 face in dimes] in mid 2006 and did well on it that way.
 
I wonder what the election is going to do to the price.
I am willing to bet the perceived notion for most will be...if John wins. we will see more inflation and more loss of the dollar and higher prices.
If Obama wins. The feeling by many is that economic conditions will improve and the dollar will strengthen. Meaning a lower price in commodities across the board.

It will be interesting to see what happens. But I think things will probably be fairly stable until the election with ups and downs, then commodity prices will start acting like the emotions of a teenage girl. Like they did this first part of the year.

Its all based on emotion rather than logic. So the best way to predict any commodity price is to predict how people are going to be feeling...scary isnt it.
 
Call me pessimistic, but I think we get the same no matter who wins. If Iran gets bombed expect oil and thus commodities in general to go to the moon. In any event, the fed keeps throwing money at the banks to keep them afloat which guarantees higher inflation down the road. I predict stagflation and not deflation or hyperinflation. There will also be several more banks going belly up in the future which will surpass FDICs reserves and will require the fed to come in to the rescue and infuse even more freshly created dollars into the system. I see a no lose for silver and gold in the future. But I hope I am wrong on all this of course. ;D

Jim
 
Look at a 1 year chart......then a 5 year chart.......then a 10 year chart........

See the trend? That is what silver will do going forward in years to come. Patience..........

Yesterday I was at a coin shop browsing......a girl came in and bought a 100oz bar of silver and walked out.........smart girl!
 
Smart as long as it wasn't filled! =) Those 100 oz. are tricky things!

Crazy about silver today though... down over 90 cents!

Time to buy! Wonder how low it will go...

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
Smart as long as it wasn't filled! =) Those 100 oz. are tricky things!

Crazy about silver today though... down over 90 cents!

Time to buy! Wonder how low it will go...

~Dave


I'm with Dave on this one, watch out for the 100 ounce bars. If the prices do go crazy, some dealers may be leary to buy them back without sawing them in half to make sure they have not been drilled and filled (that is what my coin dealer said they were doing when silver shot up back in the early 80s). And most of the time you really don't get any break in price vs. buying 10 oz bars anyway.

Jim
 
While on a run I stopped at a large coin dealer to see what they might have for interesting 1oz rounds. This is a large dealer and they have had very little on hand for the last 5 months. well, it was the same story, sold all I had this morning. People are buying physical silver and lots of it and with the price down in the low fifteens there will be many more buying. Sugarcoating the current financial problems will not make them go away. The government is printing way too many dollars. I agree with LJ, wait and hold on to what you have, I don't think you will be disappointed in the years to come.
 
I picked up a few rolls of 2008 American Silver Eagles today at $17+change per ounce. I know that is a premium on price of silver but I did not have any 2008s, and they were selling a few weeks ago at $21-$23 per ounce. Still are pretty high on Ebay, although I never buy or sell on there.

I hope silver comes down some more so I can "load up the truck".

Jim
 
$15 is major support level, if it goes below that all bets are off...you may see mid $12.s not to worry though as I still stand by my statement that you will see $25 by March 09...either way "back up the truck"!
 
jersey devl said:
$15 is major support level, if it goes below that all bets are off...you may see mid $12.s not to worry though as I still stand by my statement that you will see $25 by March 09...either way "back up the truck"!
Good advice. Don't panic folks. :thumbsup:
 
jersey devl said:
$15 is major support level, if it goes below that all bets are off...you may see mid $12.s not to worry though as I still stand by my statement that you will see $25 by March 09...either way "back up the truck"!

Well, we now have a $12 handle on silver. You were right on the money Jersey Devl! I hope your prediction of $25 in 2009 comes true.

I find the half dollar boxes get worse as Silver prices climb, and get better as Silver hits a low. I am hoping for a good 2nd half of this year, as the 1st half has been pretty slim pickins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom