What's new

silver proofs

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fineally decided to do an inventory of my silver collection. Too many to count at the bank so brought them all home Saturday, count them sunday then back today. (boy they are heavy ;D)

I had some silver proofs I forgot all about.
4 JFKs from the late 70s & early 80s and 1 IKE $

I know I should know this but I can't remember are these 40% or 90%

They definitely are silver and proof with S mint mark.

Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I've heard that they didn't start making silver proofs till 1992. Looked it up in redbook and it said the same thing. Soooo I'm not calling you a liar just wondering what the facts are.
 
Dan,

Here is the breakdown - 1968-1970 and 1976(s) are 40%

Since you mentioned that you had an early 80 I would have to assume that it is a George Washington Commemorative half that is 90% silver

If the IKE has a S and a silver edge it is 40% too.

65GT350
 
I guess I am just going to have to check the dates when I get home. I thought I could remember them. :'(
Get back to you all later.

A FEW HOURS LATER>>>>>>>>> UPDATE

Boy am I losing it or what.
2 JFK @ 1969 I know those are 40%

2 JFK bicentennial 1976S (now I know is 40%)

1 IKE $ 1971S (now I know is 40%)
thanks guys.

when I did my inventory I found over $70 in clad JFK I had forgotten about All are either BU or proofs my mind got them confused.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom