Silver Quarter, Indian head Penny and a few I dont know, a ring and coin???

Audiyohunter

Sep 30, 2013
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites, Bounty Hunter....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these in an old park. Not sure what 2 are, one looks like an old mans ring, the other with the hole in it is a tiny bit bigger than a quarter IMAG4099.jpgIMAG4165.jpgIMAG4166.jpgIMAG4167.jpgIMAG4168.jpgIMAG4169.jpgIMAG4171.jpg..... IMAG4107.jpg

Upvote 2
Nice finds! the coin / token with the hole in it is interesting, do you plan to clean it up? HH!

The coin with the hole in it looks like it might be a KGIII. I can see the base of the bust in the far right picture in the top row. But then I looked closer and you can see writing around the edge that doesn't seem to be consistent with a KGIII. Interesting. :icon_scratch: Nice finds. :thumbsup:

You have a flying eagle penny.Nice find,at least that is design(,noticed size after i posted)

Last edited:
Nice finds. Betting it is a coin but will probably need a little peroxide or similar to identify. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Nice finds! Look closely to see if your ring is a coin ring. Maybe someone was making them in the area and that could be why the flying eagle cent is holed. It may have been the start of one -Garbageman

Nice assortment of finds!

coin with the hole almost looks to be an Edward VII half penny, but the tip of the neck doesn't look quite right. I think it is probably about the same time frame though

Nice finds! The thing with the hole looks like some kind of washer ? Do you know metal the ring is?

I dont know what kind of metal the ring is, it could be made out of a coin but its smoothed out. Here is the coin with the hole cleaned up a bit... IMAG4196.jpgIMAG4197.jpgIMAG4198.jpg

Now that the coin has been identified, there is no doubt that it was penetrated by a bullet! Notice how the metal on the exit side of the coin is folded backward in a perfect ring, complete with striation marks...very cool trick shooting target! Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back