Silver Quarter, Skeleton Keys, Coppers

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hunting time has been limited this year from an injury and life just getting in the way, but we got back to the site Patriot scored some nice goodies at last week and it didn't disappoint, a lot more coins and other interesting finds were made.
My best find came about 20 minutes into the hunt with the 1927 Canada silver quarter. Got some very crusty coppers, my first two skeleton keys, couple toe taps, bag seal, spoon pieces, handful of buttons and the usual odds and ends. Last week was a very similar haul with a handful of George I and II coppers.
Nice to get a few hunts in and hopefully a few more before the freeze hits!
1166.JPG
1171.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 12

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice selection of finds, and getting the quarter is a bonus. Hope you're able to get a few more hunts in before the freeze up this season.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great spot that is! You guys most likely each have more George I coppers just from that site than I have dug, period!

So where's your Dragoon rosette and gold brooch? ;) (bastad huh)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking hunts buddy. I like skeleton keys and that's a great looking silver

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He could have at least let me have found one of them, since I found a couple buttons which led to his Vicky half a few weeks ago haha. :tongue3: I was glad to get what I did the past two weeks though, learning the etrac while I'm waiting on a new coil for my machine. I think the big copper total from that site is up over 35-40 now. Now to get those old silver!

What a great spot that is! You guys most likely each have more George I coppers just from that site than I have dug, period!

So where's your Dragoon rosette and gold brooch? ;) (bastad huh)

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good site! The silver is a key date i guess, so bonus there!
Great looking hunts buddy. I like skeleton keys and that's a great looking silver

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great assortment...those are my favorite hunts! A hunt to think about after winter slams down on us all....sigh...

Steve

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a great day out for sure, even though it drizzled all day...part of the hobby I guess... I didn't think I would get not the silver board but about 10 min before we left I scored some silver... Sorry bud but that's a bad picture of that coin, it doesn't do it justice! Sure we'll get out a few times before freeze, besides we are still looking for our cob!

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I didn't bother digging out the good camera, just snapped it with my phone. It's got a little wear but still lots of detail left. I think there's a lot more left in that field and we have new fields to try as well. Lots more potential left this fall!

It was a great day out for sure, even though it drizzled all day...part of the hobby I guess... I didn't think I would get not the silver board but about 10 min before we left I scored some silver... Sorry bud but that's a bad picture of that coin, it doesn't do it justice! Sure we'll get out a few times before freeze, besides we are still looking for our cob!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a "rich" site, lots of targets, lots of digging, lots of fun.
Like the '27 Q. it's a key date, and I'd be happy with that.
Can't be gold coins every hunt...or everyone would be doing it ?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That key quarter is fantastico! Overall great bunch of finds you got there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread