Silver + Relics found today

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
No silver coins, but found an interesting array of silver objects and relics at a homesite location.
Top left: Cow Tag? Says Dr. Harris Cincinnati, O. with an 8 in the middle.
Bottom Left: Large medallion with Joel Cave Clore on the front listed as Commander and Chief. Back says it is for a Jubilee held in February of 1917.
Left Middle: Eagle Button.
Silver Spoon: Has extremely old looking initials of JB on it. Has a diamond shaped makers mark with a P in it and maybe a moon shape.
Top Center: Big Silver ring with turquoise stones.
Center: Silver plated flower buckle.
Bottom Center: 1909 wheat penny and 1955 wheat
Top Right: Front of a silver broach that had back missing. Marked Sterling.
Middle Right: Some kind of silver adornment. It was all folded inward, and broked when I straightened it out.

Nothing super, but it sure was fun digging it up.

Regards,
Jon Dickinson
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Attachments

• metaldetecting722008.jpg
    metaldetecting722008.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 731
Upvote 0
Thers were my mother in laws tag went, Plz send it back... lol

Those are some really cool finds. I like that medallion. Maybe you can dig up some info on the vet?
Mike

Jon, yup it was a good time. We will do it again sometime. I think I would have been a little more excited if i had found something a little older but, at least I found some silver coins.
Chuck

Because most non-ferrous metal when buried for a long time have a tendency to "crystalize", if you want to attempt to str8n them, get an alcohol lamp. Gently heat the item, then with tweezers and or fine needle point pliers gently start str8ning, or unrolling your item. If it looks like it is going to crack or break, reheat it some more. I have str8ned, many brass and copper items in this manner, practice on something that is not worth anything first...Good Luck! NotGE

Seem's like almost everything that came out of there was silver.....That's a good day,Nice work!!!

Thanks for all the comments.

Treasuretales- Great Link. I think the picture on the medallion is the same one on your web link. I cleaned it up a little so you could see. The back is the most interesting part. I have always heard Mason's were a secret sect. Notice the letters "AASRNMJ" on the back. They obviously mean something, but what? Could it be the secrets to the DaVinci Code? Location of the Holy Grail?

Bardok- We have been in touch through B.H. I have spoke to him on the phone several times while you guys were out surveying. We need to get together, so I can show you what a Minelab can do. I heard you found a Barber today. Nice work!!!

Notgittenanny- Neither am I. Thanks for the info on the silver bending. My thought is to get a whole pile of it, and then melt it down into bars. I have a long way to go.

Attachments

• metaldetecting732008a.jpg
    metaldetecting732008a.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 298
  • metaldetecting732008b.jpg
    metaldetecting732008b.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 298
pointdlr said:
Thanks for all the comments. I haven't used the heat method on silver, only copper and brass plate or stamped items or really thin items.

Treasuretales- Great Link. I think the picture on the medallion is the same one on your web link. I cleaned it up a little so you could see. The back is the most interesting part. I have always heard Mason's were a secret sect. Notice the letters "AASRNMJ" on the back. They obviously mean something, but what? Could it be the secrets to the DaVinci Code? Location of the Holy Grail?

Bardok- We have been in touch through B.H. I have spoke to him on the phone several times while you guys were out surveying. We need to get together, so I can show you what a Minelab can do. I heard you found a Barber today. Nice work!!!

Notgittenanny- Neither am I. Thanks for the info on the silver bending. My thought is to get a whole pile of it, and then melt it down into bars. I have a long way to go.

Great finds indeed!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back