Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all
Had a great day today even if I only hunted for an hour. For the moment my RV is parked behind my dads place in a yard I grew up playin in. The house was built in the 30's and is great for growin nails and pulltabs. I have hunted the yard here a few times in the past and always get a few coins and lots of trash. I knew the yard had to have silver but it just refused to give it up. The spot I hunted today is one I had avoided until now. At the edge of the yard by the street in the front there has always been a wood fence. This fence has been repaired and replaced over the years so the ground is loaded with nails. Today I braved the iron desert, and it payed off. I figured if I took out as many nails as possible I might score. I was right. I ended up with a strange signal that kinda jumped around in the dime and quarter range, and was tough to pinpoint. I cut the plug and the first coin to pop up was the 1945 s quarter. The next was the 1940 s merc. As always I rechecked the hole several times and in the side of the hole was the 1934 quarter. My Lesche was hungry and took a bite out of the 34', but that's quite fine by me. Gotta feed it once and a while. Anyway since I finally proved I was right in my assumption about there being silver in the front yard, I am still smilin. I know there is more but its not goin anywhere and I am in no hurry. Hope all your hunts are goin well.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• dadshouse.JPG
    dadshouse.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 799
  • dadshouse (2).JPG
    dadshouse (2).JPG
    145 KB · Views: 810
  • dadshouse (3).JPG
    dadshouse (3).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 804
Upvote 0

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
juju said:
dex378 said:
I wanna see the nails....... lol! Awesome find! There has to be more!!!
I think there are enough nails in that part of the yard to build a whole new fence. Not to mention screws and other junk. Some of the nails came from when my brothers and I put the new roof on the house. Those air nailers are too much fun when your little brother has nowhere to hide and of course I controlled the high ground. lol.

JuJu

It's a good thing you can't aim.....

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lasttoknow (Tim) said:
juju said:
dex378 said:
I wanna see the nails....... lol! Awesome find! There has to be more!!!
I think there are enough nails in that part of the yard to build a whole new fence. Not to mention screws and other junk. Some of the nails came from when my brothers and I put the new roof on the house. Those air nailers are too much fun when your little brother has nowhere to hide and of course I controlled the high ground. lol.

JuJu

It's a good thing you can't aim.....
:tongue3:
Maybe I had somethin in my eye. LoL ;D
JuJu

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Bet your glad you took the chance to dive into the nail pit.... ;D. Nice silver there bud, we have to get together for another group hunt. Great silver..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 187
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 191

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Great spill. My leche is always hungry too. I am thinking of coating the tip with some kind of plastic dip. Don't know if will work as well though. HH
JDD

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the fine silver finds JuJu!! WTG :thumbsup:
Your MXT did the job today. There will surely be more silver come out of that yard as soon as you remove more of the nails and other "junque".
Keep swinging the coil Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions