What's new

Silver Ring Help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Look like it has two guns crossed. Anyone have any guesses? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1916.webp
    IMG_1916.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_1918.webp
    IMG_1918.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1919.webp
    IMG_1919.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1915.webp
    IMG_1915.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_1916.webp
    IMG_1916.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_1921.webp
    IMG_1921.webp
    33 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1919.webp
    IMG_1919.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1918.webp
    IMG_1918.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1917.webp
    IMG_1917.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 370
Thanks, just don't know what it is. Maybe civil war era. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
Thanks, just don't know what it is. Maybe civil war era. :dontknow:

That's what I think, if so, it is one of the best CW finds I've seen in a long while.. We'll see what the experts say.. If in fact CW, I would MUCH rather have that than a buckle
 
Upvote 0
Ditto. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
umrgolf2000 said:
Garabaldi said:
Thanks, just don't know what it is. Maybe civil war era. :dontknow:

That's what I think, if so, it is one of the best CW finds I've seen in a long while.. We'll see what the experts say.. If in fact CW, I would MUCH rather have that than a buckle
Im not an expert but it does appear to be crossed sabres. Any markings inside?
 

Attachments

  • crossed sabres.webp
    crossed sabres.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
No markings inside. :-[
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Garabaldi said:
Thanks, just don't know what it is. Maybe civil war era. :dontknow:

That's what I think, if so, it is one of the best CW finds I've seen in a long while.. We'll see what the experts say.. If in fact CW, I would MUCH rather have that than a buckle
Im not an expert but it does appear to be crossed sabres. Any markings inside?

I wish a couple of the more knowledgeable guys on the forum would voice their opinions about this one, but I do agree that it's either sabre's or rifles... The ring appears to be handmade and has the open back which was common in the 19th century from what I understand
 
Upvote 0
WOW, what a nice find! First of all the technique looks to be 'hammered,' and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was not coin silver. Is it soft? Will it bend easily? (Be careful; don't break it, but you can basically tell if it is more soft than a regular sterling silver. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
It is very soft, one of the sides was bent in and I carefully bent it out. It kinked a bit. Your right Breezie, it does seem hammered. :-\
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a Beach find?

Although the hammered effect looks old, I would not discount a modern ring manufactured to look old.
 
Upvote 0
Yea why is it so worn?
 
Upvote 0
Beach find. :-\
 
Upvote 0
Appears to have been maybe in a fire? That would cause the hammered or ripple effect.
DG
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Garabaldi said:
Beach find. :-\

Bingo :wink: I think.
I didnt know you worked the beach G. Well that explains it. Too bad we will never see the details of this interesting ring.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
CRUSADER said:
Garabaldi said:
Beach find. :-\

Bingo :wink: I think.
I didnt know you worked the beach G. Well that explains it. Too bad we will never see the details of this interesting ring.

I don't, its my powers of observation, you know that way people tell things from photos which should only be possible in the hands of an expert :D :D :D
 
Upvote 0
I don't usually hunt the beaches, but the ground is frozen solid, so no other choice. But I am loving the beach now. :icon_thumleft: I may have to give up my colonial land hunts. ::)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom