Silver ring with code decryption device anyone know anything about this????

nomad705

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2004
I came by this ring a few years ago. After much research it is still a mystery to me. It is not your typical junk novelty ring but was made out of silver and brass with expert craftsmanship. It has a moveable brass ring that can be rotated in a circular direction. There is code on the inside and out relating to the months in the us calender year. I will add that it was found with some Mason related artifacts. Though I believe I have discovered how to use the device to obtain digits, I cannot make sense of the code. I would appreciate any ideas, suggestion and or any knowledge of this decryption device.
Thanks
photos attached
nomad
[email protected]

Attachments

• P1000288crop.jpg
    P1000288crop.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 424
  • Picture 003crop.jpg
    Picture 003crop.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 420

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some pics Decreased in size.
Hopefully it helps.

I can't find any "Decoder Rings" on EBay that look like it.

at least not from what I can see in your pis

Attachments

• indexrewq.jpg
    indexrewq.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 406
  • indexuytre.jpg
    indexuytre.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
PBK you are just spooky good at figuring stuff out. If i did not know better i would think you worked for the NSA or CIA.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nomad705

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2004
Awesome PBK thats exactly what it is a shepards watch. It works too. I looked around the net and couldnt find a model just like this one. This one seems to be of higher quality than the ones I have seen on the net none the less it is in fact a shepards watch. Thank you very much for solving that for me. I had figured the light thing but didnt occur to me to use the sun or that it related to time. I was more on the track that it spelled something. thnx again

nomad

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Glad I could help, Nomad— and by the way, welcome aboard! It's great to have you with us, and I'll be watching for your future posts and finds.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always astounded by what we humans come up with over the ages. This is another one! I never knew such a thing existed, but how ingenious. I'd like to know a little more about the background info on how it came about. Intriguing to say the least. Monty

Upvote 0

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very unusual find, and well done to PBK ;D

God bless
Peter