What's new

silver search 9/21/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Didn't feel like a road trip so I picked up some handrolled dimes and quarters locally. Also got a call from a teller to pick up a couple of halves.
Here is what I got:
1x 1953 D Roosevelt
1x 1954 "
1x 1958 D "
1x 1961 D "
1x 1961 "
2x 1964
1x 1936 Washington Quarter
1x 1942 "
1x 1964 "
4x 1964 Kennedy
1x 1967 "
2x 1968
 
Upvote 0
nice pile, curious to know how much you searched?
 
Great on the quarters. Your luck with them gives you the title of "The two bit man" ;D
 
The halves I got straight up with no returns. I went through $580.00 in dimes and a whopping $1920.00 in quarters. I'll have to dump tomorrow
which will cut into a road trip I plan on taking tomorrow.
Lots of coin to go through for so few keepers but I want to keep searching handrolls and bags of quarters and dimes till the end of the month, and just hit a few banks for halves.
I given up on getting the half dollar dream box. I'm searching for the solid roll of dimes and quarters, and a dream bag of either or.
This dream will expire on Sept.1, when I resume my routine half dollar patrol.
 
Nice array of silver there Rich. :thumbsup:
 
Rich! You go through so much coin, is this your primary source of income? Just wondering if that's even possible! ;D
 
DAS7NY said:
Rich! You go through so much coin, is this your primary source of income? Just wondering if that's even possible! ;D

I Bet it is if you can turn enough coin, and get lucky even say %1 of time; I have put in minimal time really don't do road trips except to dump coins- don't find much on them either in total, but have had 3 dream Boxes (with wife's help) 264, 549, 567, and a cold call on a Bank that produced 419, most of these high numbers were of course %40's, think there were maybe 9 %90's in the 4 big finds.
 
Rich - since a dream box is as much luck as anything else, I would continue to pick up a box now and again JUST TO COVER THE POSSIBILITY !
 
Seems you are getting better as time goes on Rich. Congrats on the quarters too.

Golden Silver
 
No guys, it's not my primary source of income. Not a real hobby, nor a job. Just one of the things that I do that is a small part of a bigger plan.

Could one make a living off of CRH ? Certainly not in the part of the country I live in. A pack of cigarettes costs 1/2 oz. of silver.

HH

Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
No guys, it's not my primary source of income. Not a real hobby, nor a job. Just one of the things that I do that is a small part of a bigger plan.

Could one make a living off of CRH ? Certainly not in the part of the country I live in. A pack of cigarettes costs 1/2 oz. of silver.

HH

Rich

Time to give up smoking! :) Your amounts still amaze me.
 
Rich Hartford said:
No guys, it's not my primary source of income. Not a real hobby, nor a job. Just one of the things that I do that is a small part of a bigger plan.

Could one make a living off of CRH ? Certainly not in the part of the country I live in. A pack of cigarettes costs 1/2 oz. of silver.

HH

Rich

Expensive habit, cigarettes; you live off them? my most expensive habit is a cheap bottle or Red Wine go thru every 5 or 6 days. have narrowed my expenses down to about an average of $600 month & got a renter that pays 200 of that! So could conceivably, so long as Silver stays high about make living at it if things progress like 1st 6 mos of searching has went- over 3100 units, mostly %40's of course.
 
I am hopelessly addicted to cigarettes. A terrible, and poltically incorrect habit. However I roll my own using organic tobacco, that is only proven to be harmful in the State of Kalifornia. I run 5 1/2 miles a day and am embarrased to say how many push-ups I can do.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom