Silver streak- days 4 and 5

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
So I'm now on day 5 of my silver streak ;D . The streak continued yesterday when I headed out to 'Batts territory for a full day of diggin'. We bounced around a bit, visiting a few different spots. I ended the day with a merc, a no date buffalo (#10 this year), 5 wheats, a Boy Scouts token, and a little less than $5 in clad.

Today dawned just as beautiful as yesterday. I was out with my stepsis in the 'burbs checking out a few old homes. First house we just hit the parkway in front (we haven't been able to reach the owner yet for permission; maybe tomorrow), then we headed into the city for some diggin', and finally we returned to the 'burbs in the afternoon for one more home built in 1911. I was getting a little nervous, as it was almost 4 pm and I had no silver in my pouch yet. Would the streak end at 4? NO!! I managed a merc in a pocket spill in the back yard before the kids got too rambunctious and I had to shut things down.

Two day totals: 2 mercs ('38, '45); no date buffalo nickel; '05 indian; 9 wheats ('09s, '34, '37, '40, '42, '44s, '49d, '50, '54d; 2 not pictured; my stepsis kept a '46d and gave another one to the homeowner (date unknown)); Boy Scouts token, and about $7 in clad.

I am REALLY diggin' this detecting on private property in the 'burbs business!! NO trash, and all targets are surface to 3" (the majority are 1 1/2-2"). Pics below. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• Picture 536.jpg
    Picture 536.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 537.jpg
    Picture 537.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture 539.jpg
    Picture 539.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Picture 540.jpg
    Picture 540.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 541.jpg
    Picture 541.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 542.jpg
    Picture 542.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 543.jpg
    Picture 543.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture 544.jpg
    Picture 544.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Picture 545.jpg
    Picture 545.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture 546.jpg
    Picture 546.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 110
Looks like a good time to me bud....up for three days and I am the first to post.... :icon_scratch:

Much luck out there

Soup

Great hunting Paul. Old houses are great - coins, jewelry, old metal toys, etc. Double check your list of wheaties. You list an 09S :o :o :o :o :o

Pocket Spill said:
Great hunting Paul. Old houses are great - coins, jewelry, old metal toys, etc. Double check your list of wheaties. You list an 09S :o :o :o :o :o

Hi Pat. That's correct. One of the toasted wheaties I dug last Thursday in 'Batts territory was an '09s. It sat in peroxide for 4 hours, and still looks like s**t (it's TOTALLY trashed), so I'm giving up on it. I can't see a vdb, so it's no big deal. From what I've experienced, nothing will remove hard crust from a coin... >:( :'( .

Sorry about that 09 S Paul. Could have been the bees knees for sure.

Now about that scout token, post the legend on it and tell us when it gets switched to the other pocket....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back