What's new

Silver today, dime trifecta, Washington, and a Buffalo

treblehunter

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
9,692
Reaction score
11,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two Barber Dimes, 1898, 1909, Merc 1942, Rosie 1958, Washington Quarter 1945, no date Buffalo Nickel, and a plated silver religious medallion. That's a first for me, a Dime Trifecta. I went back with the Excalibur to the same spot I found the five silvers with the Deus. I can't believe how nice the 1909 Barber came out of the water, I just floated there in the water looking at it for a few minutes. It looked so nice I was scared to scratch it, lol. Another beutiful day on the lake, I could feel that heat, had to keep dunking my hat to keep it wet.
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad 20150818_115948.webp20150818_155744.webp20150818_144829.webp20150818_155756.webp
 
Upvote 40
Great finds, and that is a good looking Barber dime.
 
Dang boy you are on the roll...again..!!

My advice is stay there and hunt.. Heck with the Ocean....Very nice Barber..
 
Wow Brad, that Barber really is a beautiful one! Great finds from you again.
 
Great finds, and that is a good looking Barber dime.
Thanks

Dang boy you are on the roll...again..!!

My advice is stay there and hunt.. Heck with the Ocean....Very nice Barber..
Ha, every time I go out of state I don't find as much as when I go around the corner, lol

Wow Brad, that Barber really is a beautiful one! Great finds from you again.
Thanks Dave
 
Dude those are some sweet finds. :occasion14: That Barber is gorgeous! It does have a different color though, from what I wander? It sue didn't tarnish like the other Barber. At first I though you only pulled keepers, then I looked closer and saw that a corroded stinkin zincon snuck in there.
 
Man, what a summer your having out there. Congrats on the great finds!!:occasion14:
 
You must go through a lot of towels:dontknow:

Great job on the silvers!
 
good job again on the lake brad!, now it looks like youre on a nice older one with those barbers! good job, im sure theres more there!!!!!
 
HEY HOOK . ST.CHRISTOPHER BEAT YOU TO IT. HE SEEMS TO BE SHOWING UP EVERYWHERE LATLEY. SEE YOU GOTCHA SOME COINAGE. . COOL .
 
Great silver hunt.
Thank you.

Congrats on your first Trifecta,,
That Barber is in excellent shape:hello2:
Thanks

Dude those are some sweet finds. :occasion14: That Barber is gorgeous! It does have a different color though, from what I wander? It sue didn't tarnish like the other Barber. At first I though you only pulled keepers, then I looked closer and saw that a corroded stinkin zincon snuck in there.
This lake the silvers have mostly been coming out only a little bit tarnished. The soil or water must be different. 90 % of the silvers from the other lake had a very crusty layer around the coin. These coins remain crisp and detailed like they are in the ground.

Man, what a summer your having out there. Congrats on the great finds!!:occasion14:
Thanks, it has been fun.

You must go through a lot of towels:dontknow:

Great job on the silvers!
I don't use one just air dry, I bought this neoprene seat cover for forty bucks on Amazon, sweet
Thanks

good job again on the lake brad!, now it looks like youre on a nice older one with those barbers! good job, im sure theres more there!!!!!
It kindof worked the same way at the other lake, just this one is older.

HEY HOOK . ST.CHRISTOPHER BEAT YOU TO IT. HE SEEMS TO BE SHOWING UP EVERYWHERE LATLEY. SEE YOU GOTCHA SOME COINAGE. . COOL .
I like how I find them too, I had just got done thanking my higher power and the next target was the medallion!
 
Another Great day on the lake!!

Sweet barber and Sweeter trifecta, Congrats on that one!!

My only trifecta was a copper trifecta and no stinkin Lincoln to make that one. Lol
 
Great stuff, congrats on a another nice day.
 
Another Great day on the lake!!

Sweet barber and Sweeter trifecta, Congrats on that one!!

My only trifecta was a copper trifecta and no stinkin Lincoln to make that one. Lol

Great stuff, congrats on a another nice day.

Thanks guys, I'm headed back, but to try a couple or one new spot. It's a big lake.
 
You are really piling up the silver! How deep is the water you are hunting in?
 
Agreed. What a patina on that barber! Don't you wish they all came out that nice?!

Steve
 
Very nice Barber
 
Nice silver trifecta! Still scooping out the silver! Nice! And staying cool!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom