What's new

Silver wax seal

colonialct

Full Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2015
Messages
106
Reaction score
622
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today. Posted on facebook and was told it's a wax seal by a very knowledgeable person. Absolutely beautiful and blessed to find it. Thanks for looking, Chris
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2769.webp
    IMG_2769.webp
    681.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2767 (2).webp
    IMG_2767 (2).webp
    740.2 KB · Views: 192
  • P8200001 (4).webp
    P8200001 (4).webp
    129.2 KB · Views: 169
  • P8200005.webp
    P8200005.webp
    216.5 KB · Views: 182
  • P8200003 (1).webp
    P8200003 (1).webp
    268.7 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 70
Congrats on a beautiful and what appears to be a really old find!! Any idea as to the period it is from?


Frank
 
Is it 2 sided? Some are. These hung from fob watches & were mostly a statement/bling, very few were functional. Although they could be. The images were popular from the Grand Tours that the Gentlemen took. (Greece & Italy etc...)
 
PS, only had bits of this type, never a whole one, great find, me thinks....
 
I was told mid 1800
 
It is only 1 sided
 
My Seal Book, states the 'most probable dates' for this swivel type to be 1875-1920. Which like I said the image is not a family crest or connected to a family coat of arms. It was a cultured image, generic bit of watch bling.


I was told mid 1800
 
Really cool watch bling!

aj
 
Beauty of a find and intact also.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Amazing Condition - Congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Wow,that is one really neat and old wax seal.
 
Amazing find!
 
That's a great looking seal. In beautiful condition as well
 
THATS ONE HELLUVA FIND , PERFECT CONDITION . AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT TO BE A MONOCULAR EYE GLASS, I THINK I SAID THAT RIGHT, BUT IT HAS A WAX SEAL ITEM LOOK AND BEAUTIFUL .
 
Did they make these out of stone? This doesn't look like glass to me. The portrait is definitely cut into it. Thank you
 

Attachments

  • P8220006.webp
    P8220006.webp
    250.2 KB · Views: 108
Did they make these out of stone? This doesn't look like glass to me. The portrait is definitely cut into it. Thank you

Yes... all forms.
 
That's a killer find! Wow!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom