SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day didn't start out as planned. I got to a field used for carnivals years ago and dropped my pin-pointer onto the pavement. Didn't test it until I got my first good signal and guess what? The pin-pointer wouldn't turn on. Try finding a coin without your pin-pointer!

I decided to go and buy the Garrett carrot pin-pointer at the local detecting store. On my way there, I see that the freeway is completely stopped for miles in the direction I will have to drive to get back to the field. Decided to detect a different park and got there without taking the clogged freeway.

I just started out detecting and a car pulls up and a guy asks if I can help him find his wallet he just lost while he and his buddy were walking their dogs. I agreed immediately and we walked to the end of the park where they parked their car to start the search. After a short search, his friend pulls up and says he found the wallet at the other end of the park so everyone is happy!

I figure I might as well start detecting where I'm at and work a strip of grass where people park their cars. The soil is pretty much gravel just below the grass so the digging wasn't easy. I got an iffy dime reading and open up a small plug. Four inches down I see a shiny Mercury dime. I check the hole and get another dime signal. Further down in the gravel, I find a shiny Rosie! I check the hole and get a penny signal and locate a wheatie!

Haven't found a spill this nice in a long time. Glad I ran into the guy looking for his wallet!

PB150044.JPG

Upvote 11

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent adventure, , thanks for being willing to help.
Congratulations on the the 21 cent spill. I do love Mercurys.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You were destined to dig those 3 coins, :icon_thumright: Why else did all those events occur? :dontknow: Congrats on the nice 3 keeper plug. As for hunting coins without a pin pointer, I did it for my 1st 6 months and dug over $300 in face value before I bought my Pro Pointer. I won't hunt without one now.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations!

BIENER

Apr 27, 2016
Indiana
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story. Just one of those things that make you go Hmm.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma didn't take long to tell you Thanks!!
Congrats on a Sweet spill!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing how the confluence of events alter our course and place us exactly where we are supposed to be..........you and those coins were destined to unite!! Congratulations to you and fate!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with all of the above. Nice gesture, and you were rewarded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread