What's new

Silver

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$21 and change this morning. I have two boxes ordered this week so am hoping for the best.


Any ideas on why silver is climbing so fast?
 
Upvote 0
A lot of reasons..
Demand is up, supply is down....
US Economic problems....
Silver's many uses (solar panels, anti biotic properties, etc.). Silver gets used up, where as Gold typically doesn't.
 
Dollar sucks because the feds are going to artificially stimulate the economy again by throwing more money around. Kinda like the cash for clunkers thing. Most of the cars turned in were not "clunkers". They were mostly cars that were running fine. People that could afford a new car anyway got an even better deal with the poor tax payers paying for much of their new car. After everything settles down again, and the dollar becomes worth something again, silver will fall back.
 
The QE2 (Quantitative Easing) was announced yesterday by the fed. Why PM's shot way up in the past few weeks in anticipation of this coming. Just remember silver and gold are real money, the paper in your wallet are worthless (only now because the govt says they are worth something). Demand for silver is up and will continue as investors flee the dollar and stocks and invest in tangible assets and PM's.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
The QE2 (Quantitative Easing) was announced yesterday by the fed. Why PM's shot way up in the past few weeks in anticipation of this coming. Just remember silver and gold are real money, the paper in your wallet are worthless (only now because the govt says they are worth something). Demand for silver is up and will continue as investors flee the dollar and stocks and invest in tangible assets and PM's.

I was under the impression that there is roughly two more years worth of silver in the earths crust we could get at. This was what was going to drive the price higher and industrial demand was increasing. I can see the argument for Gold as it is continously recycled, but
silver tends to be used in items that last forever. Anyway, what do I know, I still have 15 more years of collecting before I cash it all in
and retire to the hills of TN or GA. :hello2:
 
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:
The QE2 (Quantitative Easing) was announced yesterday by the fed. Why PM's shot way up in the past few weeks in anticipation of this coming. Just remember silver and gold are real money, the paper in your wallet are worthless (only now because the govt says they are worth something). Demand for silver is up and will continue as investors flee the dollar and stocks and invest in tangible assets and PM's.

I was under the impression that there is roughly two more years worth of silver in the earths crust we could get at. This was what was going to drive the price higher and industrial demand was increasing. I can see the argument for Gold as it is continously recycled, but
silver tends to be used in items that last forever. Anyway, what do I know, I still have 15 more years of collecting before I cash it all in
and retire to the hills of TN or GA. :hello2:

What part of the hills of GA are you aiming for? There are some nice areas just north of me.
 
Interesting video. If it's true :icon_scratch: a few of us here will be millionaires ::)

 
WWOT

What would Obidiah think?
 
This statement was on MSN today in regards to gold prices. (9/22/10)

Gold's surge was in reaction to the Federal Reserve's announcement Tuesday that it stood ready to do more to support the economy. The announcement also dropped interest rates and pushed the U.S. dollar lower again against major currencies.
 
Piercesdad said:
WWOT

What would Obidiah think?

I miss Obe on here. Is the admin ever going to unban him? I still correspond with him and this month has been awesome for him for silver hunting.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
FreedomUIC said:
AGCoinHunter said:
The QE2 (Quantitative Easing) was announced yesterday by the fed. Why PM's shot way up in the past few weeks in anticipation of this coming. Just remember silver and gold are real money, the paper in your wallet are worthless (only now because the govt says they are worth something). Demand for silver is up and will continue as investors flee the dollar and stocks and invest in tangible assets and PM's.

I was under the impression that there is roughly two more years worth of silver in the earths crust we could get at. This was what was going to drive the price higher and industrial demand was increasing. I can see the argument for Gold as it is continously recycled, but
silver tends to be used in items that last forever. Anyway, what do I know, I still have 15 more years of collecting before I cash it all in
and retire to the hills of TN or GA. :hello2:

What part of the hills of GA are you aiming for? There are some nice areas just north of me.

We have a couple of places in mine. Dillard in North East GA, Maggie Valley in NC and Cosby in TN. Basically he smokey mountains
is where we want to live out our years.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom