silverbracelet yesterday

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20130721_082204.jpg

Weighs 12.6 grams, it was reel crusty did the backing soda/tin foil but still looks dull. Any tricks to bring back the shine?, had a great day no rain thought I got a small rose gold ring that turned out to be plated, gettin up slow today but heading out again over the bridge and threw the tolls! H.H Capt!

Upvote 0
Nice love those silver bracelets. I got one too but was too crusty to repair.

That is a lovely silver bracelet find, Captain.

For shining it, try black jeweler's rouge .....apply the chalk-like substance on a "shammy" cloth and shine the item.

I think you will be pleased with the results.

Lorraine

A quick Tarnex dip does it.

Thank You Lorraine !,im in FL do you know what stores that carry it ? , like wallmart or cvs/wallgreens, ive seen your silver finds come out great will do , thanks

im gonna get that as well, thank you Susan !

Thank You Lorraine !,im in FL do you know what stores that carry it ? , like wallmart or cvs/wallgreens, ive seen your silver finds come out great will do , thanks

I'm not sure that those stores sell Jeweler's rouge.

Below is a link to where I bought mine...scroll down a bit on the page ...the 6 pack is the one that I bought...each color is for a different metal needed to be shined.

SusanMN 's idea of using Tarn-X is great. I use Tarn-x regularly to soak my silver items, then brush them with baking soda and finally shine them with jeweler's rouge.

Here's the link:

Jewelers Rouge Polishing Compound

Thank You Lorraine !!!

Nice find Captain!

There is just something about seeing that gold chain in the bottom of the scoop.

Nice silver score CPT...congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back