Since its the dead of winter..I am gonna post from my detecting journal my best.

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Next two times out...

Here be the next two entries

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
fistfulladirt said:
That's some fun reading Jim keep bringin 'em! Help me make it through the winter.

Thanks Mr. D. I thought I would put up a couple days worth every day til done. I had around 60 hunts that year I believe. So should be about a months worth of reading. Something to do I guess. Jan. is a long cold month so why not do a little boring reading of the Jimmy chronicles.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
About that Baker College site, always thought it looked old because of the huge oaks out front, if you mean the south side; northwest side also stood an old home, no longer there. Kid that lived there came to school once with several old coins that they found in the wall when doing some renovation.....I wan't to say they were large cents but not sure.
Blair park, I think I know where that spot is, I won't go there alone. I now work in that town and it's seriously ghetto in some places, but I'd love to hunt that place!

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
fistfulladirt said:
About that Baker College site, always thought it looked old because of the huge oaks out front, if you mean the south side; northwest side also stood an old home, no longer there. Kid that lived there came to school once with several old coins that they found in the wall when doing some renovation.....I wan't to say they were large cents but not sure.
Blair park, I think I know where that spot is, I won't go there alone. I now work in that town and it's seriously ghetto in some places, but I'd love to hunt that place!
I have been to Blair park a few times alone BUT I went real early when most the bad guys are snoozing. Got some Indians and silver outta there. Still plenty there though.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How good was the 1877? Sure would like to see a pic of that rare penny! Congrats buddy! :thumbsup:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting, Jim. :thumbsup: It was fun to read someone else's MDing log. I didn't start keeping one until I started finding the better stuff. Now I enjoy going back and reading some of the better entries, especially this time of the year. :P

HH

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Michiganne said:
Thanks for posting, Jim. :thumbsup: It was fun to read someone else's MDing log. I didn't start keeping one until I started finding the better stuff. Now I enjoy going back and reading some of the better entries, especially this time of the year. :P

HH

Thanks Anne, It also helps you to go back over some spots you may have forgotten about and re-hit them. I've kept one since 2001.

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
postalgriff said:
fun stuff to read Jim.....thanks for sharing! its kinda like a blahg :wink:

Yep, but with way to much Blah. :laughing9:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hah, wondered if you ever hit that Chapel home Jimmy....I go by there everyday to my new work location....that place looks really old and really intimidating. Sure is alot of old homes going west....wonder how many of those spots you visited.....D

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
fistfulladirt said:
Hah, wondered if you ever hit that Chapel home Jimmy....I go by there everyday to my new work location....that place looks really old and really intimidating. Sure is alot of old homes going west....wonder how many of those spots you visited.....D

Hey Mr. D. I have hit a few of em but Troy really killed some of those out that way. I should still go ask because he always missed some. The next two entries are from the same spot. Indian head heaven.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh man, sorry about that reale Jim. Really enjoy reading these, good thing I've got virgin territory up north here, lol!

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta say I like the way you keep your journal better than how I've kept mine.

[attachment=1]

I've had a few hunts where I've wished I had written down details, stuff like
seeing lightning hit the ground or having a raccoon sneak up on me.
So your journals much more interesting than mine, lots older finds too. :thumbsup:

But you can tell from these pages from 2009, that I hunt very often, and I think
its interesting that I dug less than 30 coins of each of those hunts,
which isn't unusual for me.

Pehaps this year I might go for more details in my journal.

Good luck,
HH.

Attachments

• journ.JPG
    journ.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 200
OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
BandB1 said:
gotta say I like the way you keep your journal better than how I've kept mine.

[attachment=1]

I've had a few hunts where I've wished I had written down details, stuff like
seeing lightning hit the ground or having a raccoon sneak up on me.
So your journals much more interesting than mine, lots older finds too. :thumbsup:

To each his own. Everyone does what suits them best. Nothing wrong with the way your doing it. But I think location is improtant as you can go back and hit places that you had good luck at and maybe go find some more. I wish I could get out as much as you. Your probably not married huh?

But you can tell from these pages from 2009, that I hunt very often, and I think
its interesting that I dug less than 30 coins of each of those hunts,
which isn't unusual for me.

Pehaps this year I might go for more details in my journal.

Good luck,
HH.

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Don't know what happened above in my reply to your (BandB1) post but all I said was that I think that location of the hunt should be written down so you could go back to a spot after a few years of learning better ways of detecting and find some more stuff.

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I mostly hunt the same park, I plan on scoring a bit more there this year. But when I
hunt elsewhere I write the location next to the date. I filled out a whole diary book
for the seasons of 2009 & 2010. Started a new book last Oct.- just haven't had any
interesting hunts since then( nothing to write about), but think it'd be cool to have a
Journal more like yours.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You sure tore it up back then Jim, I know of a door I won't be knocking on, the ------ place!
Have any pics of those early hunts? D

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fun reading Jim!.....man o man.....you scored a ton of old coinage before I ever even thought of owning a metal detector. Good stuff bro, thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions