• john singers treasure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lost city of bagdad in matamoros beach or mouth of the rio grande river

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chris233

Greenie
Jun 1, 2007
please let me know of exact location of this ranch if anybody knows it. or anybody interested in searching in these areas let me know i live in mcallen but used to live in brownsville and matamoros and know both beaches. the one in matamoros and the one in south padre. i have a discovery tf 900 and have not had the chance to go out there yet but very interested to go.

fredrico

May 29, 2007
arkansas
Las Crucas ranch can only be accessed via South Padre Island. Of course, you won't find any old buildings there, they have been gone since the civil war, when Sheridan's yankees scaveneged them for railroad ties on Brazos island to make the rr at Boca Chica. But they couldn't pull up the pilings. I have seen them after a storm at app.26deg24'35" n and 97deg13'41"west.Its about 12 mi from the last exit or 11.4 mi from the end of the road. About 8 tenths of a mile south from southern point of the adjacent Deer Island. You need a good 4wheeldrive and remember if you get in soft sand, let the tire pressure down to about 7 psi, and watch out for quicksand.
Buenos Suerte
Fredrico

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
chris233,

I believe the Singer cache has been recovered. The recovery was made years ago and consisted of tens of thousands in silver coinage. I do not recall the source, but came across this while living in Allen, TX in the late 70's.

Seajay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions