Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sister just sent me pics from her find at her stepdaughters house in Charleston. Oh BTW has anyone seen Fluffy?
IMG_0566.jpg IMG_0567.jpg
IMG_0568.jpg

Upvote 27
isnt that crazy, i never knew gators climbed, until a few yrs
ago saw on the news. i had a 3ft in my fenced yard back when
i lived in fl in the 80s, checked and checked the fence no holes
in or under, game warden said it prob climbed the fence. i just
never believed him

No wonder Tom has an aversion to water hunting8-)

isnt that crazy, i never knew gators climbed, until a few yrs
ago saw on the news. i had a 3ft in my fenced yard back when
i lived in fl in the 80s, checked and checked the fence no holes
in or under, game warden said it prob climbed the fence. i just
never believed him
Yeah and developers just love to add ponds in housing developments and all have signs warning of Gators and missing pets are common.
No wonder Tom has an aversion to water hunting8-)
Spit my coffee OD. Glad to see you are still kicking. No CT just worries about being alone in the woods with me. Says he trust Gators will not bother him.

Last edited:
behind my house were RR tracks, with ditch and a swampy area beyond that
the house had a pet door, never forget to shut and lock the pet door,be it lg
or small. woke up to a harmless water snake once, and an owl once, and ya
gotta love the lizards they bring the other critters knocking LOL

behind my house were RR tracks, with ditch and a swampy area beyond that
the house had a pet door, never forget to shut and lock the pet door,be it lg
or small. woke up to a harmless water snake once, and an owl once, and ya
gotta love the lizards they bring the other critters knocking LOL

Yeah I lived in Ft Lauderdale years ago and every few months a story on the news would be about a pet owner walking a pet near canal or pond and ending up playing tug o war with a Gator that they happened upon. Usually ended up as Gator 1 Pet owner 0

Yep, stink'n things have become a royal nuisance up here

Interesting, I have some of them annoying pets that I can send your way.....:icon_thumright: Just don't tell wife and kids.

Interesting, I have some of them annoying pets that I can send your way.....:icon_thumright: Just don't tell wife and kids.

Would love to help but I stay in enough trouble all by myself ......like the time hunting the tidal creek in Charleston with P@tch. I told him that signals come in stronger if you tie chicken breast around your ankles.

I had the same problem with my hound. Didn't build the fence high enough. Electric fence will keep him in. Hope they find little chompy.

I had the same problem with my hound. Didn't build the fence high enough. Electric fence will keep him in. Hope they find little chompy.

I Wonder why they keep spitting Capt Dude(Jon) out ¿

I think, I'll leave that swimming hole in the back for another hunter! :dontknow:

I think, I'll leave that swimming hole in the back for another hunter! :dontknow:

Lol I have only seen about 8 Gators this year. Some people down in the LC make some great finds around tidal creeks. They say that you don't have to outrun the Gators as long as you outrun your hunting buddy.

Nuts, still couldn't believe these pictures when I got your text... pretty brazen gator. We've got ponds both in front and behind the house and gators are a common occurrence...had a few scare the crap out of me while scouting in the swamps for dig sites

Nuts, still couldn't believe these pictures when I got your text... pretty brazen gator. We've got ponds both in front and behind the house and gators are a common occurrence...had a few scare the crap out of me while scouting in the swamps for dig sites

Yeah crazy and it's not that far from you. Gators tend to shy away but from time to time they seem to go out of their way to stir things up. Remember the Gator that made its way up Bob's creek during the heavy rains this year. Kept him out of creek that day.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back