ptsofnc
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 28, 2014
- Messages
- 1,000
- Reaction score
- 957
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago I timbered my property. Thought that as the ground was disturbed by heavy equipment, I might spot some NA work areas. I did. I found 4 NA work areas on my property that I didn't know about before (scattering of rhyolite flakes, broken points). Contacted an archeologist who appreciated that I made the contact, but he wasn't interested enough to check the sites out. So, I decided to do my own excavation. These were found at one of the sites that I've excavated...an area about 6' X 25' , surface to 11" to 13". What I'm showing are points (seems to be middle to late archaic),possibly utilized flakes, non rhyolite stone used in some way, and flake debris. No fantastic finds (except maybe the yadkin eared point), but still fascinating to me!










Upvote
0
You have found some awesome artifacts and no telling what you will find next. I can't remember if you mentioned looking in the stream. The land I own has about 2 acres of flat flood plain and then the creek is like a deep ditch running around it, the creek itself is very shallow but runs all the time, everything I find is in the creek and I've had the flat area plowed and I gardened it with barely a rock in that spot or I would be digging up my field if I thought there was something there. I'm wondering if there would be pottery in your stream, is there broken glass there or old bottles?






