Steve L.
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2008
- Messages
- 407
- Reaction score
- 23
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vienna, ME
- Detector(s) used
- Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
This past week I did six boxes of halves instead of my normal four. I intended to do eight, but my local supplier only had two instead of my normal order of four. Luckily, I put an order in for four more boxes down in Richmond because we were going to be visiting there. That bank used to be my "silver mine" so I had high hopes. As it turns out, no "super-scores" but no skunks, so no fussing!
The biggest surprises came from a single box that gave up five tortured, terribly beaten-up "S" Mint proofs. Unfortunately, they are so badly beat-up that I'm not I am not sure if I can justify keeping them. The best keepers were the two Walkers, one was a 43-S (my first San Francisco mint Walker) the other Walker was a 1946, but in great shape. The pretty keeper was my 1960 Ben Franklin -- It is beautiful, filled a hole in my Franklin Book and is in such good shape that you can read the Roman numerals on the Liberty Bell!
The total take: 6x 90% and 18x 40%.
The numbers by box and pics follow.
Box 1: 3x 90% (1943-S and 2x 1964); and 4x 40% (2x 1966, 1x 1968-D, 1x 1969-D).
Box 2: 1x 90% (1960 Ben Franklin); and 4x 40% (one each 1966, 1967, 1968-D, and 1969-D).
Box 3: 1x 90% (1964-D); and 5x 40% (1x 1967, 2x 1968-D, 1x 1969-D, and 1x Silver Bicentennial "S" Mint). This is the box that gave up the lot of five torn-up "S" mint Proofs.
Box 4: 1x 90% (1946) and 1x 40% (1966).
Box 5: 2x 40% (2x 1967). This Box also gave up a Bicentennial "S-Mint" impaired clad proof.
Box 6: 2x 40% (2x 1968-D).
As it turns out, I did better at my local bank than I did at the "silver mine. I hope that I get back to pulling the full four boxes on Thursday.
I wish you all well. Happy hunting.
Steve
This past week I did six boxes of halves instead of my normal four. I intended to do eight, but my local supplier only had two instead of my normal order of four. Luckily, I put an order in for four more boxes down in Richmond because we were going to be visiting there. That bank used to be my "silver mine" so I had high hopes. As it turns out, no "super-scores" but no skunks, so no fussing!
The biggest surprises came from a single box that gave up five tortured, terribly beaten-up "S" Mint proofs. Unfortunately, they are so badly beat-up that I'm not I am not sure if I can justify keeping them. The best keepers were the two Walkers, one was a 43-S (my first San Francisco mint Walker) the other Walker was a 1946, but in great shape. The pretty keeper was my 1960 Ben Franklin -- It is beautiful, filled a hole in my Franklin Book and is in such good shape that you can read the Roman numerals on the Liberty Bell!
The total take: 6x 90% and 18x 40%.
The numbers by box and pics follow.
Box 1: 3x 90% (1943-S and 2x 1964); and 4x 40% (2x 1966, 1x 1968-D, 1x 1969-D).
Box 2: 1x 90% (1960 Ben Franklin); and 4x 40% (one each 1966, 1967, 1968-D, and 1969-D).
Box 3: 1x 90% (1964-D); and 5x 40% (1x 1967, 2x 1968-D, 1x 1969-D, and 1x Silver Bicentennial "S" Mint). This is the box that gave up the lot of five torn-up "S" mint Proofs.
Box 4: 1x 90% (1946) and 1x 40% (1966).
Box 5: 2x 40% (2x 1967). This Box also gave up a Bicentennial "S-Mint" impaired clad proof.
Box 6: 2x 40% (2x 1968-D).
As it turns out, I did better at my local bank than I did at the "silver mine. I hope that I get back to pulling the full four boxes on Thursday.
I wish you all well. Happy hunting.
Steve
Attachments
-
25 Feb 2011 Coin Roll Hunt Box 1.webp247.4 KB · Views: 334 -
25 Feb 2011 Coin Roll Hunt Box 2.webp191.5 KB · Views: 311 -
25 Feb 2011 Coin Roll Hunt Box 3.webp167.6 KB · Views: 320 -
25 Feb 2011 Coin Roll Hunt Box 4.webp294.4 KB · Views: 322 -
25 Feb 2011 Coin Roll Hunt Box 5.webp255.4 KB · Views: 312 -
25 Feb 2011 Coin Roll Hunt Box 6.webp193.6 KB · Views: 309 -
25 Feb 2011 Coin Roll Hunt Combined Take.webp92.2 KB · Views: 312
Upvote
0









