🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_8359.jpg

Capped dime!! Who'da thunk it? :P
100_8358.jpg

Got up this morning and checked out the weather. Cloudy and not too hot...expecting rain in a couple of hours, so thought I'd go hunt a little at the button site. The way I went today goes right past the old Dr's house.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,70198.msg513473/topicseen.html#msg513473
I slowed down and took a peek down the drive and saw that the hay had been cut. Decided that I would spend my morning there instead. Now I usually don't go there alone, but it looked so inviting that I couldn't resist. The grass around the house was chest high so I drove on up to the second barn where the hay had been cut. Started hunting and within 10 minutes got a pretty good signal. Three inches. :P Right now, around here, three inches seems more like 10 inches with the ground being so dry but my signal was a good one, so I dug it. Sure glad I did! ;D After seeing it in the bottom of the hole, I knew that I had found silver, but didn't have a clue as to what it was. One side was pretty clean but the other had a blob of dirt stuck to it, so I just put it in my pocket. After a couple more holes a rain shower rolled in so I ran for the car. Sitting there I decided to put the coin on top of the car and let the rain clean it up a bit. I was all fidigy, about to die to know what it was. (My eye sight ain't what it use to be.) :-\ So I start going through compartments looking for anything that might help me see and I find an old pair of reading glasses that were my Dads! ;) The rain stopped after about 10 minutes and I grabbed the coin up and OH my Gosh! A what?! Here?! NOOOOOOOO.... in Alabama?! I'm still stunned! Ended up staying another hour or so and found a flat button at four inches and a couple of regular pennies. Still can't believe I found that coin! My oldest silver yet. I couldn't wait to get home and share it with my friends!!! :)
I didn't have the camera with me today. :-\ Sat it right by the door so's not to forget it and walked right on by. :P BUT..here's a pic from this past January...

Drsplace.jpg

Nana :)

Upvote 0

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana - That's an awesome find!!!

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That capped bust is close to the top of my need to find list.

Congrats and hope you find many more!!

That is Sweet! My hat is off to you!

HH from M2

Attachments

• macarena_e0.gif
    macarena_e0.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,912
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!

Nana ;)

dugpenny

Apr 24, 2007
Really great! You also are very good with that camera!
We dream of the day when we can make such finds.
~Doug & Penny

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Spectacular find Nana!!! I'll take that over a Barber any day! That's still on my to find list. Glad to see you made the banner,outstanding!!! Bootstrap

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
That is an awesome find there Nana! I have to say I'm a little bit envious,.....OK so I'm alot envious. If you ever need....blah blah blah. You now the drill. LOL

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll!

tracey said:
very nice! wanna come help me? I never know exactly where to start! lol

HAHA! Who does? :D Just pick a spot and go!!! :D I NEVER thought I would be finding a coin that old here! But I guess ya never know till ya try. :)

I have been back to that site twice since and not found any other keepers. But I won't give up on it...bound to be something else there somewhere!

Nana ;)

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sitting here turning GREEN! WTG! I have been out a couple of times but nothing signifigant. For sure not 1827. Now do it again!
Spotz

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll! :)

Nana

James in Alabama

Jun 27, 2007
Lincoln, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE with Sunray X1 Probe and Whites XLT E Series
WTG Nana! :o Never even came close to finding one of those in Bama. Still looking for my first seated coin though. Found a lot of Barbers at the fort.

Congrats again ;)

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yay Nana! sorry I'm slow on the uptake, but awesome find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread