What's new

Skunked on rolls, but sated the thirst...

MauserMan

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
279
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Haven't had much luck with the metal detector lately, so I thought I'd try some crh. Don't really know what I'm doing, but went out and got 5 rolls of quarters and 6 rolls of dimes from two different banks. Didn't find anything but a couple state quarters I needed and some canadian dimes. After checking for loose halves at one of the banks, a teller said she had a large dollar coin but was saving it for herself :(. Oh well, I decided to make some small investments in silver and bought these coins at a local shop. Paid about four $ over spot for the larger coins, not the best, but maybe it takes silver to breed silver. I've had the Morgan for a while from my grandfather.

Haven't asked about buying half rolls because I'm not sure I want to bring a ton of those to a teller to have 'em counted. The quarters and dimes seem easier to dump. I've read here that a lot of you guys buy boxes though, how much do those cost for halves, quarters and dimes? Can you just ask your bank to order one for you? Thanks in advance! I'm learning a lot here
 

Attachments

  • z5.webp
    z5.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 354
  • z6.webp
    z6.webp
    69.7 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0
MM, welcome. If you can find a bank to order for you without fees, it's normally $500 for a box of halves, $500 for quarters, $250 for dimes. Find a bank or credit union with a counter, and it will make life much easier. ffd
 
Thanks for the info, FFD. I do have a counter at my bank ( elec. coincounter, right?) -but I wonder if it will take a box of 2,000 quarters... I think I'll stick to customer rolls for now. Guess I'll need some luck.
 
At least ask for any halves the tellers may have, those you can dump along with other coins. I like to throw a handful or two in every bag of dimes or quarters.
 
coinmojo said:
What does sated mean?
From Merriam-Webster: Sate; def. 2 : to appease (as a thirst) by indulging to the full.
-thanks for the kind words-
 
coinmojo said:
What does sated mean?


Sated - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...
Definition of sate from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games.
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sated

Main Entry: 2sate
Pronunciation: \ˈsāt\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): sat·ed; sat·ing
Etymology: probably by shortening & alteration from satiate
Date: 1579

1 : to cloy with overabundance : glut
2 : to appease (as a thirst) by indulging to the full
synonyms see satiate
 
Well another day on this forum and I learned something new again.

Not a day goes by without learning something new here.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom