What's new

Sledding hills.

KP63

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Is it best to search the top, bottom or the hill itself. This is a large area and would like to narrow it down to best place first.
 
I like the bottom where folks wipe out. With that said, I also look for places mid-hill where there are bumps and flat places that also wipe folks out.
 
I fully agree w Mr. Soloman. The bottom is usually best. After a wipe out, folks tend to remove gloves to brush snow from face. That's when the ring drops occur.
Good luck. Peace
 
Saw a sledding safety tip on the local news today, " try not to run into trees". It's a wonder I even watch that crap.:laughing7:
 
Top of the hill. People sit down and their pockets empty. They put on or take off their gloves and their rings fall off. I hunted an old sledding hill a couple years ago. More than twenty dollars in coins and two rings at the top, less than five dollars in coins on the lower and bottom part of the hill.
 
Top 1/4 of the slope and the very bottom. I think both are equally fertile. The top because the forward/downward position on the sled starts to empty pockets. At the bottom because frolicking and wrestling dislodges the remaining pocket contents. TTC
 
With the 5 previous posts, the entire slope is now "hunted out".
Ray
 
ok when i hunt places like this i like to start out in the brush areas then work my way to the "main" area's
 
Thanks New Orleans Relic! The 5 future slopes are untouched!! ;)
Peace
 
Scoped out a hill today with the snow on the ground. Seems they all start at one flat area and end up all over at the bottom if this wide hill. But found a secondary hill that is just the opposite due to a pavilion and play ground the landing area is fairly tight. Come on jan. Thaw.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom