Slow days at the beach

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Last few days of hunting have been pretty unproductive. about 5 bucks in clad, and a few trinkets. I am still trying to figure out why someone took this little jewelry box onto the beach. It was down in the wet sand, about 50 feet below the high tide line. The wheat penny took me by suprise as well. Seems to be in great shape, and it too was in the wet sand. I am not sure tho, was it '42 or '43 that they made steel pennies? The ring is a junker, but looks pretty cool. the bracelet is silver I think, but I am not sure. The toe ring is silver, but so little its not even funny. And the little earring and bracelet are nothing much, but still neat looking. I found all of the fishing tackle in a 6x6 foot area. I want to kill a fisherman, there is more there, I just got sick and tired of digging up all that lead.

Here is hoping for great weekend hunting!

Attachments

• all.JPG
    all.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 1942.JPG
    1942.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 281
  • box.JPG
    box.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 285
  • stinkers.JPG
    stinkers.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0

pshaw54

Jun 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
i believe steel pennies were made for two years, 1943 and 1944. found me a wheaty last week in the dry sand as well, didn't realize it until i got home. good scores!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steel pennies were made in 1943 :thumbsup:

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Finds look great even though they may not hold much value. The wheat looks like a 42 to me. Save the lead as you may be able to sell them to some local fisherman or someone else on the net may have a better way to get ride of them.
HH,
Roy

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your bracelet looks like it has the same clasp as the one I found earlier this year. Mine is silver. The marking is on the large clasp end in the left of your photo if it is the same as mine. It is small writing but it is there. That is a nice one also. Mine is made with a butterfly design. You don't see that type of clasp on too many fake jewelry pieces.

Here is a pic or two of mine. One kind of shows where the marking is. I would bet that yours and mine were made by the same folks.

DaChief

Attachments

• 925bracelet1.jpg
    925bracelet1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 925bracelet2.jpg
    925bracelet2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 194

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions