What's new

Slow long day... One point and some pottery pieces

jmaschal

Sr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
491
Reaction score
690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434672637.230594.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434672655.018296.webp
 
Upvote 0
I think it would be more beneficial if you would post a few more photo's of your point. I can see the shape of a point, but I don't see any necessary flaking on it, but I could be wrong.
 
I questioned that as well when finding. It has some thick edges at the point. I will post some more angles of it for your thoughts. I was thinking maybe a reject.
 
Also found this large rock with a little cut out... Was not sure if anything... Thoughts....ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434678273.643608.webp
 
Also found this large rock with a little cut out... Was not sure if anything... Thoughts....View attachment 1177080

Could be a hammer stone or Mortar Id of kept it.
The point looks to be a broken base of something larger.
Pottery looks more of the slat glaze type which is old just not Native American old but could be wrong.
I like the last one the best. Always good to be out.
 
The rock picture above is a metate (Spanish for a portable grinding hole). A permanent grinding hole in bed rock used by Native Americans is know as a mortero (Sp). Native American of Southern California ground acorns in the forgoing devices into an acorn meal which was leached with water to remove the bitterness of the acorns. The resulting acorn meal was used for to make cakes or gruel.
Crazy Old Man
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom