Slow year, but a Diamond in the ruff....??

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, :hello:

Its been a slow year so far for me.... :icon_scratch: Have only found a few wheats, a couple of buffalo's a play coin in bad shape, a few buttons and common relics. :dontknow: Anyway I did meet up with Bushido Dude and he took me to a great site with another hunting partner don't remember his name but. I found a few wheats and a buffalo a junk old pocket watch and some other things. A chain I thought was silver but did a smell test and its not. :-\ They did about the same few old coins some common relics. :)

I did find this ring OK, OK.... ??? I understand its a plated ring that's marked 14KT H.G _ (Heavy Gold Plate) I presume it should have a P but must have warn off... :dontknow: It has a big Diamond about 1.5 Carats with a Diamond mark. :o I understand a plated ring likely won't have a real diamond... However my BFF Girl Friend has a real diamond in a plated ring from her grandmother so it is possible. So..... I looked up the diamond mark and I understand its a Quality assurance mark of the stone... I also have a black light and it says online that a fake will glow yellow or green and a real stone will glow blue under a black light and this is pretty darn blue. :icon_scratch: I looked at some other fake stones and the facets were yellow or green but this one is still blue... :laughing7: Could this be A diamond in the ruff ?? :dontknow: ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: I'll take it to a couple of Jewelers and have it tested or confirmed as real or fake. Let me know what you think ? :help: :hello2:

Thanks everyone, and a special thanks to Bushido Dude !! :icon_thumleft:
Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Attachments

• Diamond1 007.jpg
    Diamond1 007.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Diamond1 005.jpg
    Diamond1 005.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 382
  • Diamond1 003.jpg
    Diamond1 003.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 378
  • Diamond1 001.jpg
    Diamond1 001.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 376
  • Diamond1 004.jpg
    Diamond1 004.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Take it to a jeweler with a diamond tester...and see if they will take a minute to confirm it to you. HH -Joe

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hello all, :hello:

Its been a slow year so far for me.... :icon_scratch: Have only found a few wheats, a couple of buffalo's a play coin in bad shape, a few buttons and common relics. :dontknow: Anyway I did meet up with Bushido Dude and he took me to a great site with another hunting partner don't remember his name but. I found a few wheats and a buffalo a junk old pocket watch and some other things. A chain I thought was silver but did a smell test and its not. :-\ They did about the same few old coins some common relics. :)

I did find this ring OK, OK.... ??? I understand its a plated ring that's marked 14KT H.G _ (Heavy Gold Plate) I presume it should have a P but must have warn off... :dontknow: It has a big Diamond about 1.5 Carats with a Diamond mark. :o I understand a plated ring likely won't have a real diamond... However my BFF Girl Friend has a real diamond in a plated ring from her grandmother so it is possible. So..... I looked up the diamond mark and I understand its a Quality assurance mark of the stone... I also have a black light and it says online that a fake will glow yellow or green and a real stone will glow blue under a black light and this is pretty darn blue. :icon_scratch: I looked at some other fake stones and the facets were yellow or green but this one is still blue... :laughing7: Could this be A diamond in the ruff ?? :dontknow: ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: I'll take it to a couple of Jewelers and have it tested or confirmed as real or fake. :hello2:

Thanks everyone, and a special thanks to Bushido Dude !! :icon_thumleft:
Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread