What's new

SLQ found in teller tray

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I did four boxes of halves.
First two skunked, third had an '87P and the last had 12 40%.
Today I was picking up two more boxes and one of the tellers said another had rolls. that one had $80 in handrolls(skunked). While she was getting them out of her drawer, I noticed two silver quarters in her tray. I said "wow, silver quarters. Don't see them everyday." assumiong she was keeping them herself. She said "yeah, they're old, too. One is a '63 and I don't know about the other, but it's much older. You want them?"
"Yes, please!" Woo-hoo!
The boxes- Both CWI, undated, the first skunked and the second had 5 40%.

I have no idea what date the SLQ is. Here's pics:

356172426.jpg

356172429.jpg
 
Upvote 0
My question is how does everyone see things in teller trays? All the trays at my banks are far away from the counter. Even if they are on the counter, Its hard to see anything in them. :icon_scratch:
 
Nice find. I agree, it's a 1930 if that's a zero on the end. Any standing liberty quarters before 1925 had a raised date and wore off much faster.1930 was the last year they were minted.
 
Awesome find!!! That's cool to find an SLQ in the tray.

Holy diver, some banks I go in have them and some don't. Whenever they are up close within viewing distance I just stare. After edge searching enough I can discern between a canadian quarter and a silver quarter, but the same doesn't hold true in teller trays. Most times when I ask it just turns out to be a canadian quarter.

Good luck all and Great Find mark!
 
Awesome find OP.

I had to find my SLQ the old fashioned way this past week, hidden in three bags of quarters..
 
WOW, sweet score on the SLQ :thumbsup:
 
DrDetector said:
Looks like a 1930 to me, can you post a better picture?

I wish i could. My camera sux. I took these on macro at 2m on very fine setting. These were the best ones.
 
Sweet score!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
markmopar said:
DrDetector said:
Looks like a 1930 to me, can you post a better picture?

I wish i could. My camera sux. I took these on macro at 2m on very fine setting. These were the best ones.

Oh well. So does it pretty much look like a '0' at the end? Because the only possibility would be a 1930, as a 1920 would have completely worn off at that point. Great find any way you look at it though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom