TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458003134.178563.jpg
I know there the ones from Gold Hog guys. I talked to them but they don't sell them seperately.[emoji30] Does anyone know of something siimilar to these. I made a custom pvc stand for my sluice but I wanna get something more like these!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would build my own or look on ebay , they have leg kits .

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458091049.278501.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458091073.745908.jpg
It's aaliiiveee!! [emoji12] Well now to try it out!!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you made some , Good luck .

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now in action! Worked great!! What a difference. You get there, it only takes a 5 min setup and it's go time!

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes wonder if the flare is too small? I don't know. What you guys think? It's 33" overall but the sluice itself is 28". So it's a 5" flare. The channel is 8" wide.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The length of that flare limits you in two ways. One is the amount of material you can place on it. And the other is that what material is placed on it doesn't have very much distance to settle and self stratify before it reaches the sluice body. I suppose you could fashion a longer one (maybe 12") to fit but probably change the angles and keep the entrance to about the same opening width it is now. A wider flare would increase the flow over the riffles but maybe effect the speed material clears the length of it. Good or bad?:dontknow:

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Before you start slicing and dicing on the flare, watch how the materials move down the sluice. The areas between the riffles should be clear or nearly so in about 10-12 seconds. Any less time and you've got too much water flow which will keep the gold from settling out allowing it to blow out the discharge end of the box. Sluicing is about control of material size, angle and water flow. If the riffles are not clearing out then you stand a chance of packing them up with materials. in this case you either need to increase the angle, increase the flow, or slow down on your feed rate. Once you learn what works best for your setup, getting it back to what you need will be much easier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread