Slut Red Raspberries in Chardonnay Jelly

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what your thinking, when I first heard the name I thought the same, but as my wife pointed out slut has other meanings around the world. I think this is the meaning referred to in this one: (countable) (derogatory) a bold, outspoken woman. This has become a favorite with family members, not too popular for the kiddos...HH
She likes to burn off most of the alcohol because she thinks it tastes better, but it’s your call. Either way they are fruity jellies and you only need a little cream to blend the flavours to prefection. :o

Slut Red Raspberries in Chardonnay Jelly

Servings: 6
Level of difficulty: Intermediate
Preparation Time: 45 minutes, , plus 3 hours setting time
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients
1 bottle Chardonnay, choose a good fruity variety
2 pints Raspberries
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
5 gelatine leaves - or 1 pkg granuels
3/4 sugar
1 carton heavy cream, to serve

1. Place the wine and berries in a bowl and allow to steep for half an hour.

2. Strain the wine into a saucepan and keep the raspberries to one side. Heat the wine with vanilla pod until nearly boiling and leave to steep on one side for 15 minutes.

3. Soak the gelatine leaves - Here we have to buy them at a specialty shop- in cold water for about 5 minutes. or mix pkg according to instructions

4. Remove the vanilla pod and reheat the wine stirring the sugar in until it dissolves; allow to boil if you want to lose the alcohol.

5. Add a third of the hot wine to the wrung-out gelatine leaves in a bowl and stir to dissolve, then add this mixture back into the rest of the wine and stir well. Strain into a large container with spout, we use the glass blender.

6. Place the raspberries, equally, into 6 flattish, clear glass serving bowls, and pour the strained wine over the top. Sometimes we use wine glasses but they should be sturdy.

7. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours, though a day would be fine if you want to make this well ahead, and take out of the fridge 15 minutes before serving. Serve with some heavy cream, and let people compliment this amazing dessert.

Attachments

• Chard+rasp+1.jpg
    Chard+rasp+1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 187

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I proceeded with extreme caution when opening this post. I have to admit, the title got my curiosity aroused and I just had to sneak a peek.

Looks pretty good! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread