Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig... Sláinte To Nick Pappagiorgio

M

MiniMe

:) :) :) A Long Distance Dedication brought to you by Minime :) :) :)

:hello2: :hello2: ....Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig...Sláinte To Nick Pappagiorgio.... :hello2: :hello2:
(Translation: St. Patrick's Day Blessings...Cheers to Nick)

___________________________​

........the introduction.......

The Renowned Executive Chef of T'net​
He's Righteous in Every Way​
Uncle Wheat-O has got his Back...​

FORUM FRIENDS....THE WONDERFUL....THE TALENTED.....
:headbang: NICK PAPPAGIORGIO :headbang:

chef coat.jpg Nick.jpg

italy.jpg med.jpg

Nick...come on up and take a bow...

(the place goes wild :hello2: :hello2:...Standing Ovation... :hello2: :hello2:...The Crowd is now bowing - :notworthy:)​

Here's a little something from Ireland to Italy.​
blarney castle.gif italy (2).jpg

TODAY'S DISH.....CORNBEEF & CABBAGE

You'll need a 3 to 4 lb cornbeef, pickling spice, white vinegar, medium size head of cabbage and red potatoes.​

P3160043.JPG P3160040.JPG

Put cornbeef in large pan and cover with water...Add 1 cup white Vinegar. Put 1-1/2 Tbsp. Pickling Spice in tea ball or you can put it in cheese cloth. Add to Pan.​
P3160044.JPG P3160047.JPG

Bring to a boil....skim fat off top....cover, reduce heat and simmer for 2-1/2 hours.​

When cornbeef is done, remove from pan (do not drain water or remove spices from pan). Wrap cornbeef in saran wrap and set aside.
Core cabbage and cut into quarters and put in the pan that you just took the cornbeef out of (add water to cover if needed). Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 35 minutes. Add your red potatoes to the pan, cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.​

Put Cabbage and potatoes in a serving platter. Unwrap cornbeef, thinly slice across the grain, and lay on top of cabbage. Pour some of the water from the pan into the serving dish, just to cover cabbage.​

And the result:

P3160064.JPG

Here's your plate Nick with a little Irish Soda Bread, hope you enjoy :-*- Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)​

P3160022.JPG

An Old Irish Blessing
May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!
Sláinte :occasion14:

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Absolutely beautiful Mini....I can almost smell it here....(oh wait thats mine cooking )....An fantastic tribute to Tnets Favorite Chef Nicky! What a truly wonderful gesture !

Eat hardy Nick! Happy St Pats Day.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
MiniMe... :-* :-* :-*

Mille Grazie - Mille Grazie - Mille Grazie
(1000 Thanks - 1000 Thanks - 1000 Thanks)

WOW...This is incredible...MiniMe you are such a wonderful and kind hearted person...The Good Lord should have graced us with a MILLE more just like you...YOUR INCREDIBLE...I am happy & honored to call you friend...Civ's a friend too but he comes second... :wink: :D

Wait till Mamma sees this...You might have a jealous Sicilian knocking on your door...LOL

MiniMe...I cannot thank you enough...This is truly an honor and will be cherished and remembered every St. Patrick's Day for the rest of my life... :-* :-* :-* :-*

Big hugs & Kisses...May you and yours have a great St. Patrick's Day...Have a Wonderful Easter too...

Nick

Glad you liked it Nick...nothing fancy but we love your posts and wanted to make a special one for you. Tell momma a disclaimer does come with this, I just forgot to post it...LOL :D Wait til Civil sees this, he's coming in second place again, first the jerky contest now this.. :D :D

Have a Wonderful Day!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
MiniMe - Erin Go Bragh said:
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
MiniMe... :-* :-* :-*

Mille Grazie - Mille Grazie - Mille Grazie
(1000 Thanks - 1000 Thanks - 1000 Thanks)

WOW...This is incredible...MiniMe you are such a wonderful and kind hearted person...The Good Lord should have graced us with a MILLE more just like you...YOUR INCREDIBLE...I am happy & honored to call you friend...Civ's a friend too but he comes second... :wink: :D

Wait till Mamma sees this...You might have a jealous Sicilian knocking on your door...LOL

MiniMe...I cannot thank you enough...This is truly an honor and will be cherished and remembered every St. Patrick's Day for the rest of my life... :-* :-* :-* :-*

Big hugs & Kisses...May you and yours have a great St. Patrick's Day...Have a Wonderful Easter too...

Nick

Glad you liked it Nick...nothing fancy but we love your posts and wanted to make a special one for you. Tell momma a disclaimer does come with this, I just forgot to post it...LOL :D Wait til Civil sees this, he's coming in second place again, first the jerky contest now this.. :D :D

Have a Wonderful Day!

I dont think Civil minds being in second place....because he gets to eat all your first place recipes.....

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Gypsy O' Leary said:
I dont think Civil minds being in second place....because he gets to eat all your first place recipes.....

Believe me....cooking is the only thing he comes in second place at....he beats me at everything else we ever compete at... LOL ...I'm finally in my glory... :D :D :D

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Here's what I do with the left overs: Cornbeef Hash

Ingredients:
final hash ingred.JPG

Finely chop the following:
3 cups left over corned beef
2 cups left over potatoes
1 cup left over cabbage
1/2 cup red onion
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup unsalted butter
pepper
salt (to taste)

Melt butter in fry pan over med. high heat. Add onion, garlic and potatoes, saute just to when start browning. Add cabbage, saute 5 minutes. Add cornedbeef, salt & pepper to taste (easy on salt, corned beef is salty).

hash onion & potatoe pot.JPG hash add cb.JPG

Flatten in pan, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook. Stir and re-flatten after 5 minutes,....continue doing this until browned.
browned hash.JPG

Serve with eggs & toast - Enjoy:
eggs & hash.JPG

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Happy Saint Patrick's Day NICK.....A well deserved "SALUTE" to you buddy.I'm tellin' you man....this has got to be my most favorite meal of the year :thumbsup: And let me tell you,nothing goes to waste in this house!!!I'll take my "second place" any day my friend......this one's for you Nick.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are one heck of a chef my Italian friend..glad I have already eaten but I can still wish for breakfast. I can imagine me sitting on that balcony with a glass of wine.......and wishing I was 30 yrs younger..You are "da" man.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick,

You really deserve this dedication...you've cooked many a meal for your T-Net friends. So it's just righteous that someone does the same for you. I would do it too, but I'm a messy cook. :icon_scratch:

Mini, both meals look heavenly...thank you for your dedication to Chef Nick.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Montana Jim said:
omg that looks great mini!

FanFreekinTabulous...

WOW - WOW and Double WOW...

Nick...

PS Over Easy is the ONLY way to go...Again MiniMe...Una Baci... :-* PERFECTO...

Thanks Nick, I can't let it go to waste....leftovers are the best..two meals out of one.. :D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
civilman1 said:
Happy Saint Patrick's Day NICK.....A well deserved "SALUTE" to you buddy.I'm tellin' you man....this has got to be my most favorite meal of the year :thumbsup: And let me tell you,nothing goes to waste in this house!!!I'll take my "second place" any day my friend......this one's for you Nick.

Thanks Uncle Wheat-O...

Ask your beautiful wife about the PM & what this did for me...

Thank You Both...

You guys are what it's all about...Boun Giorno Di' Santo Patrico...

Nick
:)Right back at ya Nick.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Montana Jim said:
omg that looks great mini!

Thanks Jim....it was very tasty too. I wish someone would invent smell-a-vision so all could at least smell what's cookin in the section...:D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TreasureTales said:
What a beautiful, timely, and delicious tribute to Nick. :thumbsup:

Today I bought a hunk of corned beef, but since I didn't get home in time to start it, I'll cook it slowly tomorrow - based on this recipe. I can't wait!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all. Cheers from Treasure O'Tales Houligan.
Treasure O'Tales Houligan.... :D Who Love's Ya Baby!!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Oh dear goodness MiniMe, you have outdone yourself and yet for such a great guy too!! Thanks for sharing this with all of us...it looks FABULOUS!!

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Treasure Bunny Tails said:
Yesterday afternoon I cooked my corned beef. A day late, but worth the delay. Cooked it as close to MiniMe's recipe as possible. My taters weren't red, I used little yeller ones that came out tasting like they were already buttered and seasoned - yummy! Even the cabbage was good (not much of a cooked veggie eater). All in all, it was a very delicious meal and I thank MiniMe for providing the details here. The leftover corned beef made a nice sandwich today - can't beat scrumptuous leftovers!

Hey TBT...I've been waiting for your review.. :icon_thumleft:..A tater is a tater, in most cases they all work. I'm glad it turned out for you, I hope you enjoyed, it's one of our favorites. Thanks for trying it....Happy Easter to you and yours....Minime :wink:

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

A recipe is a treasure if you think about it.....there are recipes that I have, that have been handed down from generation to generation. After all, Treasure is in the eye of the beholder...... :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread