What's new

Small bottle with Old English "C"

halfdime

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
1,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Small bottle with Old English "C"

I was actually detecting in my back yard yesterday when I saw this small (about 3 inches) bottle in the bottom of a hole I'd dug. It's very thick walled, and has an Old English "C" on one face. There are no other identifying marks that I can see. It would have had a screw on lid. Help!
 

Attachments

  • Cbottle 001 (Small).webp
    Cbottle 001 (Small).webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Cbottle 002 (Small).webp
    Cbottle 002 (Small).webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 226
Re: Small bottle with Old English "C"

Look slike a salt shaker to me.....
Hard to tell the age from the picture :dontknow:
It's either ABM (machine made = post 1915) or BIMAL (hand blown) - I'm guessing ABM
If the top looks like it's been ground down (i.e. rough surface) it's probably BIMAL :hello2:
 
Re: Small bottle with Old English "C"

sodetraveler said:
Look slike a salt shaker to me.....
Hard to tell the age from the picture :dontknow:
It's either ABM (machine made = post 1915) or BIMAL (hand blown) - I'm guessing ABM
If the top looks like it's been ground down (i.e. rough surface) it's probably BIMAL :hello2:
I was thinking salt shaker as well; I wonder if the "C" was an initial for the family name. For example, maybe a wedding gift for the Clintons or Calhouns. Seems kind of fancy, but sometimes that's what wedding gifts are all about. I know my parents received a set of glasses with an Old English "T" on it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom