What's new

✅ SOLVED Small brass plate with "fingers"? (Harmonica reed!)

robertk

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 16, 2023
Messages
7,089
Reaction score
34,385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a few pieces of this unknown item at a late 1800's home site. I don't know that the pieces fit together as I have them, but I would imagine they give the general idea even if I got the placement wrong. Does anyone know what it is? Maybe part of a musical instrument? Quarter is for size reference.

Front, back, and front again, closer up without the quarter.

IMG_3469.webp IMG_3470.webp IMG_3468.webp
 
You got yourself a harmonica reed....or fragments thereof..below is one I dug recently
Nice! Thanks! I had found a couple before but they didn't have the "fingers", or even any indication they ever had them. Cool. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom