What's new

Small buckle w/anchor - Colonial?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks.
I hunted with Andy, Chris, and Joe last Saturday in a soybean field where there used to be a Colonial house. I didn't find squat, or so I thought. I was cleaning out my pouch tonight and forgot about this little buckle. After a light brushing I noticed not only is it in very nice shape, but it has a small anchor stamped into it.
Any idea what kind of buckle?
Age?
What the anchor symbol means?
Thanks & happy holidays,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-164S.webp
    MVC-164S.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,059
  • MVC-165S.webp
    MVC-165S.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,020
  • MVC-166S.webp
    MVC-166S.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,109
The only buckle of that design that is the size of a fingertip I can think of hooks up the back of a brassier.

Perhaps a Navy Officer's training aid?
 
Upvote 0
plehbah said:
"Hot lady stuff" are among the most coveted of finds by grizzled and seasoned metal detectorists. You put on some nice romantic music when you look at that collection of finds.

LMAO!
:laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
garter belt or hosery type clip or bra clip where theres a strap on one end and a hook on the other.
 
Upvote 0
I think that piece is a suspender clip. I have dug one that fastened similarly--but it was at a 1900-1920s site.


-Buckles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom