What's new

Small Bullet Casing with H

ldfinds

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little guy. Can anyone tell me anything about it?
 

Attachments

  • upload1.webp
    upload1.webp
    32 KB · Views: 109
  • upload2.webp
    upload2.webp
    68.5 KB · Views: 86
  • upload3.webp
    upload3.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 92
  • upload4.webp
    upload4.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 85
It looks like a .22 Short rimfire casing to me. Age unknown, but not too old.
 
Upvote 0
I'm certainly no bullet expert, but whenever I find these here in Ontario I've assumed they were rim-fire Henry Cartridges. :icon_scratch:
Here's a pic of some of the 'H' cartridges I've found. The small one on the right has the 'H' on it, it's just hard to see.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • Pic01.webp
    Pic01.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0
I don't have access to rimfire cartridge material where I could check on your rough dimensions as I have with my multiple reloading center fire manuals but with a case rim diameter of what appears to be something over a 1/4" I will guess a .32 caliber rimfire.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Antiquarian...it's a Henry rimfire. I found one in a larger caliber last summer.
Jim
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Winchester used the h head stamp back in the day, there is a couple of pics in my post above showing the H right on the winchester box.
Winchester honored Tyler Henry with the "H" headstamp for over 100 years, after introducing the Model 1866 Rifle.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with Antiquarian...it's a Henry rimfire. I found one i na larger caliber last summer.
Jim
I thought the Henry's were a double rim fire strike. His looks to only have a single strike.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom