DSC00425.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 463
  • DSC00427.JPG
    DSC00427.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

WOW, what are the odds that you could find both pieces. That's great!!! Can you glue the pieces together just for aesthetics?

OP
OP
F

flintchasr

Oct 13, 2010
illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Boots and walking stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
WOW, what are the odds that you could find both pieces. That's great!!! Can you glue the pieces together just for aesthetics?
Probably could but my son likes showing everyone both pieces and he also says if we glue it together then who's collection does it go in. Lol. So for now I guess it stays like this. By the way how do like those pics! The links you sent really helped. Thanks again. I'm really enjoying this site everybody is very helpful. :headbang: :notworthy:

Jim

F

Felinepeachy

Hahaha, your son is a smart one!! And your pics are perfect. Well done. ;D

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
I think I would glue it back together to keep from doing any further damage where the two pieces join and also to keep from losing a piece.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome flintchasr. I have seen people put pieces of flint back together, but that is the first Stone Tool I have ever seen found in two pieces and then put back together. Very cool!!

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
glue it and share custody! I had a shared find, but the other one's piece was bigger, so there was no doubt who got to keep it, or whose find it was. At least y'alls find is in the family.

sorefoot

Jan 23, 2010
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have it restored by someone like Dr. Gomer. He has done fine job on the piece I sent him. It is obvious that the dad should keep it, and the son get it later! (I guess you can tell I am dad with a son that hunts with me.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread