What's new

Small little coins?

njrelicgairl

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2013
Messages
538
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
0
Location
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I discovered these two little coins in my sisters yard.the same place where I found the lip stick tube. That I posted on this forum. I posted front and back,but it's. Hard to tell what is front and what's back.
They are so worn. They look like the size of a dime. Copper
 

Attachments

  • 20211004_131155_HDR.webp
    20211004_131155_HDR.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 20211004_131216_HDR.webp
    20211004_131216_HDR.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 156
Measure their size and search for coins with those measurements. In the palm of your hand, they look larger than you describe, and appear to be two different sizes.

The cleaner coin looks like an early U.S. large cent I found when it came out of the ground, but your description says otherwise.
 
Upvote 1
Left looks like a V Nichel
 
Upvote 0
The one on the right, 1st picture has a very strange weathering, looks galvanized I thought maybe a knock out but I don’t think I’ve seen a galvanized box or can before.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom