What's new

Small military button?

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found at a mid 1800s site. It measures about 7/16 " wide.

Any help IDing is appreciated. TIA
 

Attachments

  • Nov--2008 043.webp
    Nov--2008 043.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Nov--2008 045.webp
    Nov--2008 045.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 307
YES!!!!!

By the time I find you more information some others will prolly help out on what it is...
 
Upvote 0
Most likely one of the small buttons known as Jacksonian period buttons. :)

Here is a somewhat similar button I found, 12.5mm in diameter.

Don

Here is a link with another similar one, many variants exists.
http://www.beltplates.com/jackdroop.html
 

Attachments

  • eagle12.5mm.webp
    eagle12.5mm.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 299
  • eagle12.5mm.webp
    eagle12.5mm.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
very sweet looking button,I like it
Congrats!!!! :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
Most likely one of the small buttons known as Jacksonian period buttons. :)

Here is a somewhat similar button I found, 12.5mm in diameter.

Don

Here is a link with another similar one, many variants exists.
http://www.beltplates.com/jackdroop.html


Thanks Don :thumbsup: Jacksonian it is.



Thanks Fortbball9 :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
Most likely one of the small buttons known as Jacksonian period buttons. :)

Here is a somewhat similar button I found, 12.5mm in diameter.

Don

Here is a link with another similar one, many variants exists.
http://www.beltplates.com/jackdroop.html

Here goes the stupid question for those of us less informed!!!! :icon_scratch:
What does Jacksonian period mean,and the extra colour mark? I have several
with that back mark,but thought they were recent period :icon_study: buttons.
Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Awesome button, congrats!!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
dirt diva said:
Here goes the stupid question for those of us less informed!!!! :icon_scratch:
What does Jacksonian period mean,and the extra colour mark? I have several
with that back mark,but thought they were recent period :icon_study: buttons.
Thanks

It is the period of Andrew Jacksons Presidency. 1828-36, often Van Burens presidency is included as well.
 
Upvote 0
Jacksonion for sure!! Great find, Merf!!! Good luck and great hunting!!! Regards, Richard. P.S. Great job identifying Don!! Ramitt, perfect explanation!!! :)
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Treasure fiend :thumbsup:

Thanks Skypilot :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
No problem, Merf!!! I love those buttons in that style and sure am glad to see you make the find!! I love to consider that I'm the first one to touch an item as cool as that, when I get lucky enough to find one!! Once again, great find!!! :thumbsup: Great hunting and good luck!!! Regards, Richard.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom